Easter Weekends Football 7/9 April

andykeenan

Just now, fightoffyour said:

How? By GD? It’s in Man City’s hands to win by as many goals as they want. I’d stand by that even if they were -5 on Arsenal, but as it is they’re already +5 and factoring in the win against Arsenal and the game in hand is already a +3 swing minimum.

Of course it’s in their hands, to suggest otherwise it’s fundamentally incorrect.

I’ve literally explained it all in a post to which you replied “what?”.

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I agree with all of that.

I’m just saying “if Man City win all their games then they win the title” is not correct. 

Arsenal would probably have to win a game 8-0 or something stupid as Man. City already have a +5 GD over them and it would be at least 7 beating Arsenal at home.

Realistically Arsenal wouldn't be turning that around with about 4-5 games left, they'd need to find a way to finish a point clear of Man. City.

Edit: I've always preferred the head to head rule more if two teams are locked on points as that gives a fairer reflection of both teams qualities rather than one just beating say Bournemouth 9-0 as Liverpool did right at start of season which means we won't be finishing above them if we finish level on points.

Edited by VillaChris

You can explain all you want, you’re still wrong.

How am I wrong?

Man City win every game 1-0. Arsenal lose 1-0 to Man City and win every other game beating Southampton 6-0 and Forest 5-0 in the process.

Which team wins the title?

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

How am I wrong?

Man City win every game 1-0. Arsenal lose 1-0 to Man City and win every other game beating Southampton 6-0 and Forest 5-0 in the process.

It’s in Man City’s hands to win by more goals than Arsenal do every match.

If winning a match in the first place is in their hands then why isn’t scoring an extra goal?

Just now, bobzy said:

How am I wrong?

Yeah, the team who’s striker has scored 6 hat tricks this season is only going to win 1-0 in their remaining games.

It’s in Man City’s hands to win by more goals than Arsenal do every match.

If winning a match in the first place is in their hands then why isn’t scoring an extra goal?

That’s a long winded way of saying “Arsenal”

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Yeah, the team who’s striker has scored 6 hat tricks this season is only going to win 1-0 in their remaining games.

and even that’s because he often gets subbed before the end of the game. Imagine how many he’d score if he played to 90 mins every game? 😳 

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I didn’t say anything about likelihood. It’s just not guaranteed, is it?

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I didn’t say anything about likelihood. It’s just not guaranteed, is it?

It’s not guaranteed that City win every game and win the title no. It’s still in their hands though, because it’s in their hands to just score more goals.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It’s not guaranteed that City win every game and win the title no. It’s still in their hands though, because it’s in their hands to just score more goals.

(That’s still not true, it’s in Arsenal’s hands to just score more goals…)

Edit: Actually, no, that works! :D 

Edited by bobzy

It's in each team's hands to score more goals than the other if Man City beat Arsenal and if the remaining games are won by the two teams. Though Man City can afford to have a lower goal difference of 4 than Arsenal. If the goal difference is 5, then the total goals scored by Arsenal must be 4 or greater for Arsenal to win the league.

Now that's what I call pedantry

It's in the hands of the effing gods.

• Like 1

It's in both teams hands as if arsenal draw or win at City and win all their other games they win the title but today is the first time Arsenal and Arteta look like they might just bottle it so I think I make man city favourites now but I think both teams will drop points along the way 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

It's in each team's hands to score more goals than the other if Man City beat Arsenal and if the remaining games are won by the two teams. Though Man City can afford to have a lower goal difference of 4 than Arsenal. If the goal difference is 5, then the total goals scored by Arsenal must be 4 or greater for Arsenal to win the league.

Now that's what I call pedantry

It's in the hands of the effing gods.

Or cutting out the goal difference argument and stating the obvious...

Its in both teams hands because they can both win every game 1-0 or 10-0 and win the league

If its in man city's hands on the basis that they can beat arsenal then surely it's also in Arsenal's hands on the basis that they can beat man city

The way carragher worded it sounds like arsenal have no control but they do

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The way carragher worded it sounds like arsenal have no control but they do

I get it, but in the context of the commentary, it made sense. It points out if Man City win all their remaining matches then they win the league.

It's a bit like saying if Villa win all their matches next season then they will win the league. But it does highlight the importance of the match between the two clubs. 

All I can say is I did not hear Carragher the same way as you ... he added the context ... the match in hand and the match to come: Arsenal at Man City. 

1 minute ago, fruitvilla said:

I get it, but in the context of the commentary, it made sense. It points out if Man City win all their remaining matches then they win the league.

It's a bit like saying if Villa win all their matches next season then they will win the league. But it does highlight the importance of the match between the two clubs. 

All I can say is I did not hear Carragher the same way as you ... he added the context ... the match in hand and the match to come: Arsenal at Man City. 

But if arsenal win all their remaining matches then they win the league

It sounds to me like he's adding a bit of spin to to and increase the doom which increases the pressure and the drama

Maybe I'm just anti - PL product and what carragher said to me is worlds most exciting league scream drama in your face bullshit

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â