Easter Weekends Football 7/9 April

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But if arsenal win all their remaining matches then they win the league

It sounds to me like he's adding a bit of spin to to and increase the doom which increases the pressure and the drama

Maybe I'm just anti - PL product and what carragher said to me is worlds most exciting league scream drama in your face bullshit

I think they are assuming that City probably will win all their matches, including the Arsenal one. 

The first thing I said (I think) was it’s in both teams’ hands.

It’s in arsenal’s hands to win every match and it’s in Man City’s hand’s to win every match and score sufficient goals and it’s in Arsenal’s hands to win every match except lose to City and yet still score sufficient goals.

It being in both teams’ hands is a perfectly plausible scenario when those teams are yet to play one another. It is the current scenario.

Edited by fightoffyour

43 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think they are assuming that City probably will win all their matches, including the Arsenal one

In the commentary Carragher (I presume) assumed a counterfactual.  I don't think he had any specific objective in mind other than to point out that things were a little closer than they might at first seem.

counterfactual ... A counterfactual thought occurs when a person modifies a factual prior event and then assesses the consequences of that change.

OK I'm done

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

But if arsenal win all their remaining matches then they win the league

It sounds to me like he's adding a bit of spin to to and increase the doom which increases the pressure and the drama

Maybe I'm just anti - PL product and what carragher said to me is worlds most exciting league scream drama in your face bullshit

Can we agree to disagree the real winner here is football? 

31 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Not a fan of them but fair play to Liverpool gave it a big effort in the 2nd half while Arsenal looked timid.

I'm only going off the small amount I paid attention in this match - but rather than timid, I thought they were frantic.

Whenever they finally got the ball back off Liverpool in their own half they treated it as a transition and immediately pumped the ball forward....

... even when it was Martinelli or Saka vs 3 defenders. They squandered so much.

I noted how little in control of the game Arsenal were compared to how we were against Forest. Different clubs, different grounds, different abilities yes - but no less headless than we were in possession under our former manager.

Emery really is a cut above

5 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

I'm only going off the small amount I paid attention in this match - but rather than timid, I thought they were frantic.

Whenever they finally got the ball back off Liverpool in their own half they treated it as a transition and immediately pumped the ball forward....

... even when it was Martinelli or Saka vs 3 defenders. They squandered so much.

I noted how little in control of the game Arsenal were compared to how we were against Forest. Different clubs, different grounds, different abilities yes - but no less headless than we were in possession under our former manager.

Emery really is a cut above

Obviously I think Unai is amazing but ultimately we lost against Arsenal (who will have been controlling games all season) and haven’t yet played at Anfield this season. 
We’ve made some massive improvements but I think we might be brought back down to earth with a bump soon.

We were actually pretty poor on Saturday which I’m putting down to the same 11 playing their 3rd game in a week and were lucky we were not playing a better team. 

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s the big showdown in the National League today, Wrexham vs Notts County, 3pm on BT sport for anyone interested.

One of those is finishing 2nd on 100 + points. Imagine that happening and then losing in the play offs.

All the hype on Wrexham but I hope Notts County go up, Meadow Lane was a very nice away trip when I went there one year to watch Walsall on an FA cup weekend (Walsall won 5-1) and it's a traditional club that should never have gone down to non league.

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Obviously I think Unai is amazing but ultimately we lost against Arsenal (who will have been controlling games all season) and haven’t yet played at Anfield this season. 
We’ve made some massive improvements but I think we might be brought back down to earth with a bump soon.

We were actually pretty poor on Saturday which I’m putting down to the same 11 playing their 3rd game in a week and were lucky we were not playing a better team. 

We've been average in more than just one game but as Newcastle to a slightly longer extent are finding out as well winning is a habit that I'm glad we've got!

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's happened with Anthony Gordon?

Just seen a Twitter post from Newcastle that he's basically been banished from the first team for the rest of the season.

Was listening to the Grauniad podcast which they spent 5 secs on villa, but sorry , anyway apparently he pushed Howe and co when he got subbed last game Vs Brentford .

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen a Twitter post from Newcastle that he's basically been banished from the first team for the rest of the season.

I think that tweet is fake.

But he basically threw a paddy when he got subbed off on the weekend

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The signs were there he was a bad egg before they signed him. They paid way too much too.

Well done Geordies :lol: 

• Like 1

I’d be very very surprised if he’s been frozen out for that, but independently he’s an absolute word removed of the highest order. Kicked off to force a move at his boyhood club after barely doing anything then moaned that they hurt his feelings. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â