Easter Weekends Football 7/9 April

andykeenan

I admire Saka's skill, but his immaturity showed. Right before the goal (and once not long before) he tried dribbling through players to go for the knockout blow rather than looking for the safe pass to keep possession. If he hadn't lost the ball, Liverpool would not have scored their second. A young player's mistake.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The advantage is still Arsenal's though, being able to win all their other games and keep Man City to a draw, so it's an odd way of phrasing it

City will hammer Arsenal at the Etihad

Just now, Davkaus said:

But also in Arsenal's hands. But more so. Maybe it's in no one's hands. Maybe they're holding hands. It's hard to say.

Ok, but your joke about Carragher not understanding basic maths was possibly more your mistake than his?

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Liverpool still no mugs huh

I take some comfort from them absolutely smashing Man United, then going back to shit. They can raise themselves and punch above their weight for the big games, but I wouldn't put money on them beating Leeds next week

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I take some comfort from them absolutely smashing Man United, then going back to shit. They can raise themselves and punch above their weight for the big games, but I wouldn't put money on them beating Leeds next week

That doesn’t bode well for us!

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Great game. Ramsdale world class. Major capitulation by Arsenal who will be rattled by this. 

Poor result for our ambitions. Very disappointing. 

He's class but there's only one world class keeper in world football. FIFA even said so 😉💜💙#dibu

If City win their game in hand and all their other games including v Arsenal then I think that would win them the title if their GD stays ahead of Arsenal, so I guess that's the way it's in City's hands... but... I agree it's also in Arsenal's hands as if they win all their remaining games, including v City, then it's them that win the title. 

(Or Arsenal could draw at City and win all their other games and win the title that way).

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Liverpool still no mugs huh

At Anfield, no.

They've only won three aways all season though. Let's see what they do at Leeds, West Ham, Leicester and Southampton. If they get 9-10 points from that it's going to be near impossible to finish above them.

Story of their season though that they get a really good home result and then go the next week and lose at Forest or Bournemouth.

Of course if Spurs pull clear now in 5th it would help if they could get something at Anfield but they'd capitulate and lose about 5-2 if they'd been in that second half so not too hopeful really.

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Yes Robertson should be banned and fined for putting his hands on him.

Really? Slightly touches his arm, but he gets a yellow, there's no way he's getting a retrospective punishment for that. The linesman's reaction is bang out of order, and I'd expect it might be a career ender

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes Robertson should be banned and fined for putting his hands on him.

Shame he didn't elbow Henderson as well, I'm behind the linesman on this one.

All I saw was Liverpool players constantly surrounding the officials crying their eyes out for 90 minutes whenever a decision wasn't given their way its embarrassing.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â