Easter Weekends Football 7/9 April

andykeenan

Can’t say I’ve watched a lot of Burnley this season, but is Kompany actually a good manager? Or is it just he’s got a massive advantage managing a team that got relegated from the PL, so is better than nearly everyone else?

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Can’t say I’ve watched a lot of Burnley this season, but is Kompany actually a good manager? Or is it just he’s got a massive advantage managing a team that got relegated from the PL, so is better than nearly everyone else?

From the outside looking in he has totally changed their football philosophy after dycheball.

So I would say he has done an amazing job.

• Like 1

So what do we want to happen in the Spurs-Brighton match?  Assuming a win for Villa, which is probably a prerequisite for us having a chance of catching either of Spurs or Brighton.   The result of their match is probably irrelevant otherwise.

1.  Spurs win and we go above Brighton into 6th.  But they still have 2 games in hand, and any chance of catching Spurs has probably gone.

2.  Brighton wins and we're still 2 points behind them but they have 2 matches in hand and are likely uncatchable.  On the other hand, we're within 3 of a faltering Spurs on the same number of games played and look to have a good shot of catching them.

3.  Draw.  Gain on each of them but don't move up in the table.  But there are only 2 points total distributed between potential rivals.

I think a draw is best, or a Brighton win.

7 hours ago, il_serpente said:

So what do we want to happen in the Spurs-Brighton match?  Assuming a win for Villa, which is probably a prerequisite for us having a chance of catching either of Spurs or Brighton.   The result of their match is probably irrelevant otherwise.

1.  Spurs win and we go above Brighton into 6th.  But they still have 2 games in hand, and any chance of catching Spurs has probably gone.

2.  Brighton wins and we're still 2 points behind them but they have 2 matches in hand and are likely uncatchable.  On the other hand, we're within 3 of a faltering Spurs on the same number of games played and look to have a good shot of catching them.

3.  Draw.  Gain on each of them but don't move up in the table.  But there are only 2 points total distributed between potential rivals.

I think a draw is best, or a Brighton win.

I’d love to finish above Spurs and there’s an outside chance of it this season so a Brighton win for me. 

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I’d love to finish above Spurs and there’s an outside chance of it this season so a Brighton win for me. 

Yep despite my loathing of Newcastle's ownership of take us, Brighton and Newcastle replacing Spurs, Pool and Chelsea 

10 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Burnley will be completely different to the team that last stunk out the league.

They are miles above the rest of the championship but they'll get smushed if they try to play the same way in the PL. They'll need to adapt and I don't think they'll be spending a heap of money.

50 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Burnley will be completely different to the team that last stunk out the league.

We’ve seen many teams absolutely steam roller the championship then struggle in the PL. Also team that scrape up then do very well.

It’s hard to read much into it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, S-Platt said:

From the outside looking in he has totally changed their football philosophy after dycheball.

So I would say he has done an amazing job.

You may be right, but he should stay there for at least another season, prove he can do it in the Prem. Him being linked to Tottenham, Leicester, West Ham jobs is just ludicrous after 1 season in the Championship with Burnley.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Dunno, as a team yep 100%, as an away game with the cricket club and them giving you the whole 4k+ stand it's a good one imo

As a team they are totally different now to what they were under Dyche. Kompany has done a fantastic job in transforming the way they play an totally dominating the championship. He's used the loan market really well.  He's going to have to be shrewd with his signings in the summer., but the structure is now in place for them to do well in the Premier League

They won't be struggling against relegating next season I guarantee if they can keep hold of kompany.

I'd go with a Spurs win over Brighton - I think to some extent we need to let the top five go, hope they can beat everyone else and concentrate on trying to finish in the top two of our group of us, Brighton, Fulham, Brentford, Liverpool and Chelsea.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd go with a Spurs win over Brighton - I think to some extent we need to let the top five go, hope they can beat everyone else and concentrate on trying to finish in the top two of our group of us, Brighton, Fulham, Brentford, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Same, we can catch Brighton, they lose today and we win we’re in 6th. 

Our issue is that we have a really tough finishing run - Spurs/Liverpool/Brighton - and if we do want to reach Europe, we need to put ourselves into a strong position going into those games.

We've got a tough run in - after today, everyone except Wolves that we have left is in the top ten.

7th would be incredible.

• Like 1

It’s in our hands to catch Spurs if they lose today and we win. Can’t say the same about Brighton, although their games in hand are against the top 2.

A draw is best at this stage as 1 fewer point is distributed, but it doesn’t really matter. We’ll be closer to at least one of them by the end of the day if we do our own job.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â