Weekends Football 31 March/2 April

andykeenan

I must admit, I much preferred the older offside rule - it was probably still unfair, but in a different way.

I'd love a return to the days when a player just had to be offside to be offside - interference be damned - if a player is down on the edge of the area with a broken ankle and he's offside, flag him as offside, involved in play or not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I must admit, I much preferred the older offside rule - it was probably still unfair, but in a different way.

I'd love a return to the days when a player just had to be offside to be offside - interference be damned = if a player is down on the edge of the area with a broken ankle and he's offside, flag him as offside, involved in play or not.

It'd be an awful lot clearer than the current mess they have. Seems to be a different interpretation each week by different ref/VAR

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd love a return to the days when a player just had to be offside to be offside - interference be damned - if a player is down on the edge of the area with a broken ankle and he's offside, flag him as offside, involved in play or not.

Me too, we’ve already been done this season by the interference with play go against us…subjective interpretation 

Another gash match. Hope the United/Newcastle match isn’t as dire to watch. Really hope West Sham get relegated, just awful to watch. 

Ings ineffective again. Unai took one look at him and decided it’s best to cash in on whoever was silly enough to try and shoehorn Ings as a single striker again. 

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

one of the worst premier league games i've watched this season outside of pretty much every gerrard match.

Its mad really as we can be pretty pragmatic and defensive at times. But you can see the shape the control and the tactics clearly  

That game just felt like something from 20 years ago. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â