Weekends Football 31 March/2 April

andykeenan

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looking at the BBC one that they hadn't updated from this morning, Everton started the day in 18th on goal difference.

No, they have 26 points and Leicester have 25 points so they couldn't have been in the bottom 3. So the BBC must have had that wrong.

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

No, they have 26 points and Leicester have 25 points so they couldn't have been in the bottom 3. So the BBC must have had that wrong.

Yep - looks like they did - the table they were showing for most of the afternoon was a mess, with some teams updated and some not, it wasn't even labelled as in-play.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I feel like you could if it's for something like spitting.

I haven't seen the incident at all though.

His face is certainly pulling the motion of spitting, but can’t see any more than that.

I think nothing further will happen, unless they have better quality visual to prove he did actually spit.

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

His face is certainly pulling the motion of spitting, but can’t see any more than that.

I think nothing further will happen, unless they have better quality visual to prove he did actually spit.

If he did it, Johnson should have smashed his teeth in and **** the consequences.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

If he did it, Johnson should have smashed his teeth in and **** the consequences.

Meh just seen interviews with Johnson, even he's not sure. The numpty.

I know it was technically second phase, but the de bruyne goal for Man City felt a bit like dirty pool. De bruyne miles offside when the ball is played wide, runner pelts it down the wing and passes backward for him to score.

Not sure what the purpose of offside is sometimes. Defender has to stay back to cover an offside man just in case he becomes active. I thought offside was in part to stop goal hanging, but that seems like a viable tactic now if you have fast players who can beat defenders to the by line.

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Win 2-0 at Chelsea and last on MOTD. Typical.

All the videos about Chelsea being bad and Potter under pressure soon as they lose vs us too. Even though they are actually back in form with 3 wins out of 4.

Its hard for the media to accept Villa are better than Chelsea. 

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Win 2-0 at Chelsea and last on MOTD. Typical.

7 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

All the videos about Chelsea being bad and Potter under pressure soon as they lose vs us too. Even though they are actually back in form with 3 wins out of 4.

Its hard for the media to accept Villa are better than Chelsea. 

Honestly, this constant "the media hate us waaah" stuff is **** boring.

Every other game had something major on it.  Us and Chelsea are the only two safely midtable sides and the game had the fewest goals in it of all games (Forest vs Wolves also 2 goals, but a massive game).  We were bound to be on last unless the game was a particular banger for the neutral - and most people would've enjoyed seeing us beat Chelsea.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Honestly, this constant "the media hate us waaah" stuff is **** boring.

Every other game had something major on it.  Us and Chelsea are the only two safely midtable sides and the game had the fewest goals in it of all games (Forest vs Wolves also 2 goals, but a massive game).  We were bound to be on last unless the game was a particular banger for the neutral - and most people would've enjoyed seeing us beat Chelsea.

Agree

But with the expectation the sack is looming for potter I'd have thought they'd have bumped that angle 

Villas story isn't really that major until we catch a European spot, we've had a fine run of form but been 11th for ages 

The match commentary, if you're someone who watches villa on TV every week or even just watches football on TV every week the commentators are not there for you...that's how it's been for donkeys years, they don't pitch the game at die hard villa fans or even die hard Chelsea fans, they aim it at people who have a passing interest but might watch again next week if they enjoy it, same with the pre and post game stuff

I'm not sure why people get so hung up on it or even bother with most of it

Â