Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You say "all over the back of", the ball has been semi-cleared in that direction and he's turning directly into Paqueta.  He places his hand on the guy's shoulder for, what, 1 second?  Then he just dives.

He COULD be incredibly stand off, but you wouldn't want that sort of defending in that situation.  He needs to be tight so he doesn't get easily turned.

There's plenty Bailey can be knocked for, but he really hasn't done anything wrong here.

I get that viewpoint, and there's definitely a subjective element to the foul and whether Bailey could have avoided contact. I think he could have. So I think he can be knocked for it.  Respect that you don't, just disagree. 

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Got Carlos coming back, an Duran will be up to speed too, both tough lads.

ye, however Carlos may offer general physicality, but he doesnt offer height/defence from crosses, Duran has all the physical tools though for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

We are making them look good. When they build from the back, we let them get up the pitch in seconds. I look forward to seeing Uncle Albert on and run at them

When did adomah come back? 😝

This is so **** pedestrian. They have us pinned in our box, overly committed, and we are so **** slow we let them all get back and reposition before we actually launch an attack.