Israeli politics

Jareth

The talk of torture of Palestinian captives has let to the frankly brilliant defence that one of the Israelis raped an inmate in self defence.

If you have citizens or possibly folks in some greater role in a society, storming an army base to defend the right to sodomise terrorists (and I'm being generous here to say that all captives are terrorists) - then I can certainly tell you that you do not have a society that is a natural partner to a western democracy. You have something close to anarchy. And I'll be happy to hear ideas on what it actually is.  

I’m not sure the ultranationalists are any more representative of Israel as a whole than Tommy Robinson and his bunch of troublemakers are of Britain, really.

The concerning thing is that they’re part of the governing coalition and essentially control the police at this point. What’s happening over there is crazy and hopefully leads to the fall of the government sooner rather than later. Hard to see how Netanyahu can reasonably back the far right over the IDF.

I wouldn’t shed too many tears if the IDF started to defend themselves properly either.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Massive anti Netanyahu protest in Israel, again. A general strike starting as well to put pressure on the government. Here's hoping it works and finally lands him in jail where he belongs.

• Like 1

It's absolutely galling if you want the hostages freed to learn that six survived almost a year only to be shot in the head prior to being rescued. Has to be the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of public opinion. One of Netanyahu's side briefing a paper said he's going to wait until Israel is burning before the fear of that becomes greater than the fear of his far right coalition and the prospect of jail for previous crimes of his. They need to get rid. Fast. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â