Tiger Woods Tampon Prank  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger Woods Tampon Prank

• Funny
    • Offensive
    • Neither Funny nor Offensive
    • Funny and Offensive

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/02/23 at 13:46

The sooner people remember that being offended is a personal choice and that no-one has the right not to be offended the better.

Some people act like being offended is a crime. In a free country it isn't because if it was, it wouldn't be a free country

In the real world, if I'm offended by something or someone. I avoid that

Words removed like shitbrexitpubchain bloke offend me, I choose not to give him any money. Tories offend me, I choose not to vote for them

If being offended was wrong, there would be very few stand-up comedians with a gig

Just remember being offended is a personal choice

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

So according to the poll "you play like a girl" is not offensive. 

Wow, VT takes a step back into the 70s. 

you have watched women's sport haven't you  ?

( yeah someone had to do it  :P ) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

The sooner people remember that being offended is a personal choice and that no-one has the right not to be offended the better.

Some people act like being offended is a crime. In a free country it isn't because if it was, it wouldn't be a free country

Words removed like shitbrexitpubchain bloke offend me, I choose not to give him any money. Tories offend me, I choose not to vote for them

If being offended was wrong, there would be very few stand-up comedians with a gig

I mean, better shut the thread down then because the discussion and poll is really about if it's acceptable or offensive. 

I don't think anyone is saying a crime has been committed. 

Who cares, like really find something actually important in the world to worry about. 

It was a joke between mates and if your offended close your eyes and cuddle yourself to sleep.

And I'm a lefty apparently...

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

At the same time, I think it's important to remember that being offensive is often also a personal choice

You can't be in control of what other people find offensive

Attempting to be offensive yes, being offensive, no not at all that isn't a personal choice its someone else's choice.

8 hours ago, bickster said:

You can't be in control of what other people find offensive

Attempting to be offensive yes, being offensive, no not at all that isn't a personal choice its someone else's choice.

1980 or so, someone asks Paul “Bear” Bryant, legendary (American) football coach of the University of Alabama, what he would do if he had someone like Earl Campbell on his team and he says, “I’d give the ball to my n****r and tell him to run” (paraphrased).  Are you suggesting the only thing wrong there is that a few million African Americans decided to be offended?  That’s one for the unpopular opinions thread, I think.

52 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

1980 or so, someone asks Paul “Bear” Bryant, legendary (American) football coach of the University of Alabama, what he would do if he had someone like Earl Campbell on his team and he says, “I’d give the ball to my n****r and tell him to run” (paraphrased).  Are you suggesting the only thing wrong there is that a few million African Americans decided to be offended?  That’s one for the unpopular opinions thread, I think.

Who said being offended was wrong? There are clearly some topics that it’s right to be offended by. But it is still a choice, it’s not an involuntary action.

45 minutes ago, bickster said:

Who said being offended was wrong? There are clearly some topics that it’s right to be offended by. But it is still a choice, it’s not an involuntary action.

It’s an emotional response, of course it’s involuntary. 

Whether you choose to swallow that offence or speak up about it is where the choice lies. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

So those millions of black people were only offended after taking a few moments to think about it and deciding that they were going to be offended, nothing visceral about it….

13 hours ago, bickster said:

and the logical response to Bryant’s racism was just for African Americans to suddenly start avoiding a sport/team that had a huge part in the regional culture, I guess.   I think I’ve got it now.   Like I said, unpopular opinion.

Edited by il_serpente
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

So those millions of black people were only offended after taking a few moments to think about it and deciding that they were going to be offended, nothing visceral about it….

and the logical response to Bryant’s racism was just for African Americans to suddenly start avoiding a sport/team that had a huge part in the regional culture, I guess.   I think I’ve got it now.   Like I said, unpopular opinion.

No no, you’ve got it wrong. You see there are some things that are acceptable to be offended by and some things that are not. The ideas that are reasonable to be offended by just coincidentally happen to be the things the person being offensive would also find offensive, as they are the arbiters. Anyone else being offended is just choosing to do it in order to be a nuisance. See simple 😅

William S Burroughs:

Words of advice for young people
If, after having been exposed to someone's presence
You feel as if you've lost a quart of plasma
Avoid that presence
You need it like you need pernicious anemia

This is what most people do, they clock the offender and they avoid.

Then, years later Yorkshire Cricket Club, or whoever, can’t understand why there are only whites blokes on the team when there’s such a lively bantz culture.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

William S Burroughs:

This is what most people do, they clock the offender and they avoid.

Then, years later Yorkshire Cricket Club, or whoever, can’t understand why there are only whites blokes on the team when there’s such a lively bantz culture.

Or why no women stick around on Villatalk for very long. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Great Kenneth. Where do you get that you dirty old @Brumstopdogs you? 

9a756fe3a3121dc52bf5b39bcadb34a495b8a900

Just on google images - makes you wonder how many Kenneth gifs have ended up on VT!

Back on topic thought it was naive of Tiger Woods as he must have known the cameras would pick up on it unless he thought everyone would just laugh...

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â