Weekends Football 17/19 February

andykeenan

31 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

But I think some referees don’t want to make the big decisions now because of VAR. They just think that it will bail them out if they have made a massive balls up or it will take the blame if it isn’t used to overturn key decisions.

This is the key thing here... The "clear and obvious" element of VAR in the Premier League is rubbish, but the fact is that a lot of decisions like the West Ham handballs today and last week should have easily been picked-up by the onfield officials.

That said, the retrospective VAR decision against Lucas Digne against Palace looks even more of a farce now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

This is the key thing here... The "clear and obvious" element of VAR in the Premier League is rubbish, but the fact is that a lot of decisions like the West Ham handballs today and last week should have easily been picked-up by the onfield officials.

That said, the retrospective VAR decision against Lucas Digne against Palace looks even more of a farce now.

Clear and obvious is only there to create enough of a grey area to do whatever they want / get themselves out of jail whenever they need to

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

This is Spurs vs West Ham from about 1994 isnt it?

Atrocious.

I was converting some family videos to digital this weekend and after 'aunt Bernie's 40th' there was an episode of MOTD from 94-95 cos Blackburn were top of the league. First game on was Blackburn-Everton and the standard was pretty poor, next to no movement, pressing etc. And this was the team top. I think some league 2 teams would be near the top of the league now

6 hours ago, est1874 said:

How did we concede 4 goals to these **** clowns 

Simple. Against us they were clinical - 4 shots on goal for 4 goals (their 5th and last shot on goal came in injury time).

Against ManUre? Nope.

Typical

Â