Midweek Football 13/16 Febuary

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

not every foul leading to a pen is a yellow

I agree with that but in this case if he thought that was a foul then it was a yellow card because it contact after the ball left the player ie late tackle.

2 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Reminds of the Gabby penalty vs Arsenal we got.
i think same rule applies but it is iffy. Say for example he had gone for a pass instead of a shot and the keeper clattered him, I’d say that’s still a penalty. 

I thought that too

The difference there would be that the keeper took gabby out and then weimann missed the shot afterwards, if the keeper didn't take gabby out gabby would score

With this tonight I'm convinced nothing changes, contact or no contact it plays out exactly the same

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Not sure that having a scoring chance or not actually matters here. If that was any other City player and it was outside the box, it's a clear foul. So why isn't it a foul in the box?

I think it's a coming together, not a foul.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree with that but in this case if he thought that was a foul then it was a yellow card because it contact after the ball left the player ie late tackle.

Double jeopardy rule. Penalty or card, not both. 

Ref thought process may have been I've just carded the keeper. That's another card unless I award penalty instead

Edited by Kiwivillan

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Double jeopardy rule. Penalty or card, not both. 

Ref thought process may have been I've just carded the keeper. That's another card unless I award penalty instead

Wait so you think he could have given him a yellow card but not awarded a penalty?!

There is no rule that states that you cannot give a yellow card if you awarded a penalty, in fact it happens all the time.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That’s one of the things that makes the game so good, it’s all subjective.

and that’s what makes VAR a crock of shite as most of it just moves the point of decision making/opinion….but that another story 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You know that’s not a rule? That’s discretion by a ref but it’s not the rule.  

Yeah the rule is that if you're the last man and deny a goalscoring opportunity but you make a genuine attempt to win the ball you shouldn't be sent off

It can still be a yellow and doesn't only come in if its a penalty

So in theory maybe interestingly is that if the ref thought he took him out he could have given a penalty and a straight red for that

But I thought he was more jumping out of the way or just jumping in an attempted block rather than jumping to make a challenge

Edited by villa4europe

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You know that’s not a rule? That’s discretion by a ref but it’s not the rule.  

What's this?

"The double jeopardy rule came into effect ahead of the 2016-17 season following an 18-month review by IFAB, football's lawmakers, led by former Premier League referee David Elleray."

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

What's this?

"The double jeopardy rule came into effect ahead of the 2016-17 season following an 18-month review by IFAB, football's lawmakers, led by former Premier League referee David Elleray."

It exists but not in the way you suggested, rwad my other post

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

It exists but not in the way you suggested, rwad my other post

Trying to edit my post to say below post is correct about YC

8 minutes ago, djdabush said:

Wait so you think he could have given him a yellow card but not awarded a penalty?!

There is no rule that states that you cannot give a yellow card if you awarded a penalty, in fact it happens all the time.

20 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The replay clearly shows Ederson leaving both feet and jumping into him. 

He was making himself big to block the ball, happens all the time. He didn't affect the shot, Walker did.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â