Midweek Football 13/16 Febuary

andykeenan

Penalty for me all day long. He was nowhere near the ball.

And then, fantastic reverse phycology from Ederson.

Point to Saka where to put the pen and then dive the other way....pmsl 

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

It's a penalty because Ederson didn't get anywhere near the ball and still affected Nketiah shooting.

Good match this...

Not convinced, the contact comes after the shot, there's nothing wrong with what he's done before influencing the shot, the contact is like a follow through

The only defence I have for the decision is that if it was in the middle of the pitch following a pass it would be given for obstructing the player but in general what do you want Ederson to do? There's literally nothing else he can do there

• Like 1

Reminds of the Gabby penalty vs Arsenal we got.
i think same rule applies but it is iffy. Say for example he had gone for a pass instead of a shot and the keeper clattered him, I’d say that’s still a penalty. 

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The keeper smashed into the player without getting a touch on the ball. Would have been a free kick outside the box, no? In the box, it's a penalty.

But the ball has gone, the striker has played it and he's not getting it afterwards

If he knocked it round him rather than getting the shot off its an absolute no brainer but he didn't

I'd also argue that he couldn't or wouldn't have shot any better if Ederson did something different, if wasnt cleared off the line because of the contact, the contact was largely irrelevant as to what actually happened

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not convinced, the contact comes after the shot, there's nothing wrong with what he's done before influencing the shot, the contact is like a follow through

The only defence I have for the decision is that if it was in the middle of the pitch following a pass it would be given for obstructing the player but in general what do you want Ederson to do? There's literally nothing else he can do there

Yeah on viewing more replays the contact was a little later than I first thought...

Whether it's a pen or not, it's 1-1 and Citeh have felt what it's like to be every team outside the 6

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

not every foul leading to a pen is a yellow

You misunderstood the question, if it wasn't a pen would it be a yellow... I believe it would've been

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

I have to go get ready for work, lovely day in 38 degrees 🥵.... 

Just wanted to say that its been really enjoyable discussing football without the jeopardy of it being Villa. 

Might come to other football more often.

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

But the ball has gone, the striker has played it and he's not getting it afterwards

If he knocked it round him rather than getting the shot off its an absolute no brainer but he didn't

I'd also argue that he couldn't or wouldn't have shot any better if Ederson did something different, if wasnt cleared off the line because of the contact, the contact was largely irrelevant as to what actually happened

Not sure that having a scoring chance or not actually matters here. If that was any other City player and it was outside the box, it's a clear foul. So why isn't it a foul in the box?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â