Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Not really sure on Forest's players. Gibbs White looked lively but terrible end product, Johnson has pace and scored 8 goals this season but again didn't look great. I'd maybe gamble on Johnson if they go down especially given his age but only if Forest ask a reasonable price.

Leicester's assets are more attractive to us. If we could convince Maddison to come here it would be a great signing, if not then Barnes is another who'd improve us and I think he'd very likely want to join. Tielemans is another who would definitely improve us but again would be a hard sell even if we make Europe. 

Southampton look doomed to me and while most of their team is poor I do think Lavia will become one of the best defensive midfielders in the world in a few years. Definitely one player we should look at but not really a position we need to strengthen this summer given we have Kamara.

No to Barnes and 1000% no to tielemans.

he isn’t old but his legs have had so many minutes in them for a lad his age, I’ll bet he doesn’t last long into his 30’s and imo he is already dropping his performances for a while now.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Valencia's owners are asset stripping the club and it's very possible if they go down this season, they'll continue to fall ala Sunderland.  Very sad to see what's happened to that club.  That said, every single one of their players are available.  They've continually sold off their best players and rarely replaced them adequately.  

They have a good left back of memory serves me. Gaya or something like that.

15 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If we could get him here on a free we could spend the 30 mill transfer fee saved to put towards Pedro Goncalves.😃

I don’t know enough about Pedro Goncalves tbh as I have very little interest in the Portuguese league, I’ve seen him play in the Europa League and that’s it really. I’ve seen his name thrown about alot here so I presume you’ve seen him play often in his domestic league? What type of player is he?

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

Valencia's owners are asset stripping the club and it's very possible if they go down this season, they'll continue to fall ala Sunderland.  Very sad to see what's happened to that club.  That said, every single one of their players are available.  They've continually sold off their best players and rarely replaced them adequately.  

Yunus Musah is on their books too, always thought he was the better option when we were being linked to his USA team mate McKennie

Hang on a minute, V for Valencia, could we add them to the growing V empire?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, burchy said:

Yunus Musah is on their books too, always thought he was the better option when we were being linked to his USA team mate McKennie

Hang on a minute, V for Valencia, could we add them to the growing V empire?

They are 400 million in debt since last summer. Probably increased since then

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

he isn’t old but his legs have had so many minutes in them for a lad his age, I’ll bet he doesn’t last long into his 30’s and imo he is already dropping his performances for a while now.

Both players definitely better than what we have. Barnes is probably more suited to direct counter attacking football but you can't deny he's a better left winger than what we have currently. Tielemans I agree is more risky given his injuries but available on a free and a very good footballer. Ignore Leicestsr's poor season, they were both key players when they were finishing 5th and winning the FA Cup. 

Anyway neither have been strongly linked so doubt they'll happen. I think we'll target a more creative left winger/attacking midfielder anyway (Goncalves probably) then a pacey forward (Nico Williams or maybe Chukwueze). Maybe Guendouzi will be an option then at least one new defender. 

14 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Hugo Ekitike will be available in the summer. Top Talent. 

Don’t know who this kid is but has he seriously changed his profile to ‘sub 44’ because he can’t get starts for a team full of superstars when he is on loan at the club?

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

That’s a fair point. He has played a hell of a lot of top level games for a 25 year old and does always seem to be injured. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s a fair point. He has played a hell of a lot of top level games for a 25 year old and does always seem to be injured. 

For some reason I thought Tielemans was older around 28

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

Massive wages, massive ego and 31 soon.

steer clear

He hasn’t got a massive ego , but his wages would be the problem if that wasn’t the case I’d have him in a heartbeat on a 2 year deal would be the perfect second striker option to play with Ollie + he’s a fantastic bloke off the pitch.

Edited by gwi1890

3 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Both players definitely better than what we have. Barnes is probably more suited to direct counter attacking football but you can't deny he's a better left winger than what we have currently. Tielemans I agree is more risky given his injuries but available on a free and a very good footballer. Ignore Leicestsr's poor season, they were both key players when they were finishing 5th and winning the FA Cup. 

Anyway neither have been strongly linked so doubt they'll happen. I think we'll target a more creative left winger/attacking midfielder anyway (Goncalves probably) then a pacey forward (Nico Williams or maybe Chukwueze). Maybe Guendouzi will be an option then at least one new defender. 

I disagree, and we don’t play with wingers, you would be buying barnes as an AM/SS