Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Free transfer but highest wages of any player at the club allegedly

Worth it though for him plus it puts off other teams trying to tempt him with higher wages.  

I’d rather him get that money than his previous club because it means he’s less likely to leave whereas usually he’d get lower wages and we’d be forking out a fee.  

Same fee (or less) for the total deal for us, just the distribution is different but the advantage of the player less likely to leave because of the high salary.

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Free transfer but highest wages of any player at the club allegedly

More than happy at that. Kamara is on 150k per week ? 5 year contract ? 39 million spread over the 5 years.

He would have cost just transfer fee around 40 million plus. Then at 100k pw wages over 5 years is 29 million. It saved the club 30 million on him signing on a free.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2023 at 08:35, Delphinho123 said:

Nico Williams / Kudus / Brennan Johnson.

You can only have one. Who you picking? 

Williams is of the most exciting young Spanish wingers right now. I’d rather spend £40m to get him now. He’s got a very big ceiling of potential. Plays with pace, can dribble and has the attributes to thrive under Unai. Utter no brainer for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

More than happy at that. Kamara is on 150k per week ? 5 year contract ? 39 million spread over the 5 years.

He would have cost just transfer fee around 40 million plus. Then at 100k pw wages over 5 years is 29 million. It saved the club 30 million on him signing on a free.

£175k reportedly

Just now, duke313 said:

I thought he was on £1.1m per week?

Yeah that's probably right when you add in the bonuses. Apparently we have to pay him money when he uses our toilet.

21 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah that's probably right when you add in the bonuses. Apparently we have to pay him money when he uses our toilet.

So much for spending a penny. That's inflation for you. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Marcus Thuram. As Ian Brown once said, "This is The One".

Think he would be like kamara, linked to CL teams for mega money but none of them actually take him, would be a great signing for us and a team pushing for EL will be where he ends up

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Think he would be like kamara, linked to CL teams for mega money but none of them actually take him, would be a great signing for us and a team pushing for EL will be where he ends up

Bring in him and his brother Khéphren - we need a deeper squad. 

• Like 1

People have mentioned Johnson from Forest, wasn’t impressed with him today. For them I thought Gibbs White was by far their best player. Think he would suit our system well, but obviously he cost a fortune last summer so can’t see him leaving Forest this summer.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

People have mentioned Johnson from Forest, wasn’t impressed with him today. For them I thought Gibbs White was by far their best player. Think he would suit our system well, but obviously he cost a fortune last summer so can’t see him leaving Forest this summer.

May not have a choice but to sell him if they go down. Massive fire sale perhaps?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Can we all save calling him crap till after today's game please.

Rubbish player.

In all seriousness we can be doing better right now, but he'll certainly grow into a top player in 2-3 years I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Gibbs White was very good. He’d fit into our team as one of the wide players very comfortably. Puts a shift in too. Good player. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Gibbs White was very good. He’d fit into our team as one of the wide players very comfortably. Puts a shift in too. Good player. 

Very much a McGinn type player in many ways. Solid and creative

23 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I’d be happy to have MGW and ecstatic to have Brennan. Send them down and bring them here.

Really not sold on Johnson like others have said. MGW looks like a very useful players who’s likely to improve even further. Plays a bit like Grealish actually.