Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

My memory of him was the horrible sloppy lazy attempted back pass that he inexplicably put out for a corner which we conceded from and got knocked out of europe

Never forgave him

I remember that. It was almost surreal how we managed to lose that game. I remember Kevin McDonald seething on the touchline. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

My suspicion is he's on a wind up. Inferred us a small club in Jan.

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3ADiegoMendoza29_ villa&src=typed_query&f=top

I just don't think we are interested and I don't think the club will appreciate his mates running their mouths about potential deals to begin with.

he might be, but he geniunely is close to several USMNT players. I think it might be more about Adams, not McKinnie

44 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Tyler Adams maybe? 

that's more what I was thinking, 

38 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

he might be, but he geniunely is close to several USMNT players. I think it might be more about Adams, not McKinnie

that's more what I was thinking, 

Possibly. Still think he's trolling.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sne said:

Our rumored target Sevilla GK Yassine Bono is joining... You guessed it. PSG.

Shows we are improving. Not long ago it was Spurs that were stealing our transfer targets, now it's PSG. ;)

• Like 2

I think taking Joao Felix on Loan for a season would be a brilliant piece of business. It would be simple, Emery is a genius and takes talented under performing players and gets them back playing their best. The pitch to Felix is a sucessful spell at Villa and the top clubs will be interested again and if Villa qualify for CL you might want to stay there. 

For us we get a brilliant attacking player with European experience at the right time to give us a boost. It would also raise our profile and fill the gap in the squad. Diaby and Felix joining gives us some oomph in the attacking line. 

Moreno Ramsey Watkins Felix Diaby as our front 5 in attack. That's a threat to any team in football.

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think taking Joao Felix on Loan for a season would be a brilliant piece of business. It would be simple, Emery is a genius and takes talented under performing players and gets them back playing their best. The pitch to Felix is a sucessful spell at Villa and the top clubs will be interested again and if Villa qualify for CL you might want to stay there. 

For us we get a brilliant attacking player with European experience at the right time to give us a boost. It would also raise our profile and fill the gap in the squad. Diaby and Felix joining gives us some oomph in the attacking line. 

Moreno Ramsey Watkins Felix Diaby as our front 5 in attack. That's a threat to any team in football.

Loan with option to buy, or else no.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Very much concur with you, love this to happen & I don't think it's a pipe dream either, it seems like there is an offer on the table for him. Crossing everything for this to happen 🤞

12 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Be nice to get 1 more in before we fly out to the States Wednesday, & I'd think Emery would also like him in.

Hopefully we can wrap up Diaby before then and get him to US with the rest of the team.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Folski said:

Any idea what this could mean?

IMG_6569.png

I have been giving it some thought and I reckon lovely white away kit not long  I will be wearing no24.

Walsall play in red so we should be in an away kit.

Know it's not the most pressing area and would cost a lot of money but I would just love it (Keegan) if we would manage to sign the likes of Gabri Veiga & Arnau Martinez. Young guys who are still at smaller clubs but who have huge potential. We might not be in a position to make quite that expensive "gambles" yet but after they get their first moves they will likely be out of our price range forever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Only 668 pages on this thread? Gotta bump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers.

Probably lost 2-3 pages yesterday due to Mendy-gate. Those pages will not be missed.