Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Panic-station money spent staying up when bottom at Christmas is a bit different. They took Burnley's striker. Burnley went down, they didn't.

I hate Newcastle as much as the next human but the insistence they haven't spent well is weird. You can still dislike them despite praise, it's ok.

Can’t recall saying they didn’t spend well.  But I do think it takes away a lot of credit from Howe and the coaching team for what they did with the players they already had let alone the new signings 

Of course their new signings did well but I wonder how they would have done if Bruce was still the manager.   Big players last season include Joelinton, Almiron, Murphy, Wilson.  Can’t recall any of you saying how well they spent when Bruce was managing these players.

Sometimes your signings are only as good as your manager can make them.   I woildnt have believed that so much until Unai Emery arrived. 

Anyway back on topic - it’s why I think our recruitment will also look good. Emery will get the best out of whoever he signs. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Don’t quite know why… but… bit of a feeling that this Ferran Torres thing might be a goer…

Barca just bought that Brazilian kid…

He’s not really wanted or popular there and they want to shift big wages where they can...

As unlikely or ambitious as some of the links or rumours seem to be (Goncalves, Williams, Felix… and so on)… this seems the most “doable deal”… 🤷‍♂️

Announce Chiesa instead on Monday!

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

80m Euros?!

spacer.png

It’s £68m, he’s at best £55m.

If we have that £55m for him and able to move on Sanson and other for £20m it’s doable.

Will his signing make us a Top 6 team?

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

It’s £68m, he’s at best £55m.

If we have that £55m for him and able to move on Sanson and other for £20m it’s doable.

Will his signing make us a Top 6 team?

We're top 3 team since Emery joined

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We're top 3 team since Emery joined

It’s a very different thing doing it for a full season whilst also completing for Cups and European matches mid week. 

We will need to strengthen just to stay top 7. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Panic-station money spent staying up when bottom at Christmas is a bit different. They took Burnley's striker. Burnley went down, they didn't.

I hate Newcastle as much as the next human but the insistence they haven't spent well is weird. You can still dislike them despite praise, it's ok.

I think what they've done is always bought someone who's better than what they have, Targett isn't a great player but he was better, wood the same (Wilson was injured and Joelinton was garbage upfront) Gordon and Barnes now, I wouldn't like them signings for villa but for newcastle they're better than almiron and ASM, they're also not flooding that squad with new signings, it's propped up by guys who've been around a while but in reality aren't really good enough, they've seemingly resisted the temptation to buy a £15-20m player for every position and as a result they can buy tonali instead, they could buy 2 £25m CMs but they didn't, now they'll have longstaff as 4th choice next season, he's not good enough but their 1st choice is

Its annoyingly patient and we'll thought out

Also goes against people here who say we need 8 new players seemingly every transfer window

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Howe? Credit to Howe?!

Pffft!

There is only one man who is actually responsible for their success…

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

Legend!

Yes, he has played a part, but don't forget: image.jpeg.2cc4b20414f8a01fa8799e03afbcd896.jpeg 

24 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s a very different thing doing it for a full season whilst also completing for Cups and European matches mid week. 

We will need to strengthen just to stay top 7. 

Oh for crying out loud. Why didn’t anybody tell us this before we qualified for Europa league? 

• Haha 1

Anyone think Abel Ruiz would be worth a cheeky bid? He had a good U21 Championship, Stuart Pearce clearly rates him and unless Barcelona, Real Madrid or another of the usual suspects have already agreed a deal with Braga, perhaps he fancies joining "UE's B6 Project" (sounds like a band from The John Peel Show doesn't it?;)).

4 minutes ago, John said:

Anyone think Abel Ruiz would be worth a cheeky bid? He had a good U21 Championship, Stuart Pearce clearly rates him and unless Barcelona, Real Madrid or another of the usual suspects have already agreed a deal with Braga, perhaps he fancies joining "UE's B6 Project" (sounds like a band from The John Peel Show doesn't it?;)).

How cheeky are we talking?

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Really?

Which bit? That I wouldn't like them for villa or that I think they're better than ASM and almiron?

I wouldn't want villa anywhere near £75-80m on Gordon and Barnes

ASM is more or less done there, almiron had a spell last year but he's not very good

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Which bit? That I wouldn't like them for villa or that I think they're better than ASM and almiron?

ASM is more or less done there, almiron had a spell last year but he's not very good

I agree with a lot of your post but I actually think Almiron is better than people give him credit for. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Wouldn't want either but don't think they're much better especially Gordon and not unhappy none of them at Villa. ASM been brought up on here a lot in the past as player some would've liked at Villa. Another all fart, no poo player IMO

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I agree with a lot of your post but I actually think Almiron is better than people give him credit for. 

But he does look like a ventriloquist’s dummy… so there’s that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wouldn't want either but don't think they're much better especially Gordon and not unhappy none of them at Villa. ASM been brought up on here a lot in the past as player some would've liked at Villa. Another all fart, no poo player IMO

This is excellent :D 

• Thanks 1