Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

Where exactly would Asensio play for us? Up top beside Ollie?

RW

He'd be a Bailey upgrade, and a bloody good one at that. Then again, Bailey was one of my most excited signings. 

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 1

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

Right wing or behind Ollie.  The positions Bailey, Buendia, and McGinn have been playing off of him this season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He isn't good defensively so you would imagine it would be the player with is behind Watkins

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

RW

He'd be a Bailey upgrade, and a bloody good one at that. Then again, Bailey was one of my most excited signings. 

Im sure I’ve read post one of his injury’s he’s not been played out wide as such. I’d rather a nico Williams type for that role 

31 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Barnes personifies a stereotypical Martin O'Neill type signing more so than anyone else in the Premier League right now besides maybe Dwight McNeil.  English, overrated, and will be overpriced for what he offers.  I would be very disappointed if he was brought in as more than a bench/rotation option because I don't think he's good enough for a team like ours who is chasing Europe next season.  

I don’t get how he is overrated ? Contributed to 30% of goals to a team that is about to relegated. If we sign him it means Unai rates him. I don’t get why fans would be upset with that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t get how he is overrated ? Contributed to 30% of goals to a team that is about to relegated. If we sign him it means Unai rates him. I don’t get why fans would be upset with that. 

Absolutely right. 

43 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Proven international and goalscorer Madrid. Asensio is a huge name and a much better player than Barnes. 

I wasn’t talking about Asensio. That ain’t going to happen. I meant players from Europe in general.

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well apparently the journo quoted here is " Tier One "  and one of the most reliable sources when it comes to Real Madrid.

Feels too soon for this kind of signing and if it does happen it means we are blowing our wage structure out the water. It ain’t my money so great but it feels a bit dangerous.  Maybe it’s inevitable.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Barnes personifies a stereotypical Martin O'Neill type signing more so than anyone else in the Premier League right now besides maybe Dwight McNeil.  English, overrated, and will be overpriced for what he offers.  I would be very disappointed if he was brought in as more than a bench/rotation option because I don't think he's good enough for a team like ours who is chasing Europe next season.  

I don’t think you can call this overrated? 

6104594D-1EBF-4C72-85B1-CB2589C855B3.jpeg

3CE4AC05-FF02-4BF1-B81C-34AEB3308188.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I would think the Asensio links to us are just to generate some interest for other clubs. But then he’s a Mendes client and I think we have a good relationship with him at the moment so don’t think he’d mess us about.

48 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

When Unai has his own players in we may shift to a 4-3-3. 

3 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Just a question as I honestly don’t know. But has Emery ever regularly played a 4-3-3?

yes.

433 and 4141 are Emery's favourite tactics.