Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

That’s an interesting view. Have you seen him play much? I live in Leicester and the City fans love him.

There are strong rumours that he may be off to Atletico. They don’t go big on dreadful defenders. Their entire philosophy is based upon having an impenetrable defence.

Not seen him this season but last few seasons he always had a mistake in him. Blood and Thunder player that fans would like but has limitations. Leicester have been one of the worst defences in the league last few seasons

That Faes is even worse 😂

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not seen him this season but last few seasons he always had a mistake in him. Blood and Thunder player that fans would like but has limitations. Leicester have been one of the worst defences in the league last few seasons

That Faes is even worse 😂

Faes is really bad. Amarty is pretty poor too. Rogers fell out with Soyuncu for some reason and so has hardly played him this season. Deano has bought him straight back into the team and he was motm yesterday. It will be interesting to see where he turns up and how well he does. 

Ramsey is a big talent, big future for us and shaping up nicely but you can rely on a 21 y.o. to play every minute of every game at the consistency we require at the level we aspire to, it’s unfair on him. We need another player to play in that position. This is the case all over the pitch too.

We will want to challenge for top 4 next year, the expectation will also be making a decent attempt at the two cups too, and we also want and should be playing in Europe aswell. We need more players for rotation or we will be floundering by February.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

Coutinho out - Lee kang-in In

Bailey out - Nico Williams In

Sanson & Nakamba out - Guendouzi in

Young out - Wan Bissaka In

Olsen out - Anyone else in

I guess it depends on any European competition we might have, but do we need more squad changes than that? Especially as we will have our championship youngsters fighting for squad places

If we gonna get rid of so many players, we will need at least four more players so that we can improve the squad. I think we should keep most of our players (a coupl of exceptions) and get 5-7 players in, of which 4 are of huge quality.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

If we gonna get rid of so many players, we will need at least four more players so that we can improve the squad. I think we should keep most of our players (a coupl of exceptions) and get 5-7 players in, of which 4 are of huge quality.

Ramsey, Iroegbunam and Archer makes 3 who could come in

• Like 3

2 hours ago, burchy said:

I’m not sure he’d be an option as he’s on 90k, good keeper though.

I have to admit I have no idea who we’ll target for the backup, I’d like Fabianski at West Ham but he’s their first choice so doubtful he’d play second fiddle to Emi

Is that much on an upgrade? I’d argue a fit Coutinho is on par (if not better) than Lee Kang-In. 

I agree @paul514 on your positions but I think the RB will be a RB/CB that can cover both the fullback and CB position, similar to Chambers but loads better quality (not suggesting him as he’d cost a bomb and he’s a short arse but Timber at Ajax)

I wouldn’t have Goncalves as the SS though, I’d have him as the left wide midfielder. 

Didn't know that about the wage, I suppose it does make sense with him being contracted to PSG. I just looked for old keepers that can still do it.

I get the reasoning, you basically want a Ben White in effect, I am betting that AWB can do it in this system he is such a lights out defensive right back.

Goncalves on the left side of the midfield would probably be too attacking, the player behind Watkins can basically do what he likes and I feel for a player that appears to be so versatile, creative and a good scoring record that would be perfect for him.

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

Ramsey is a big talent, big future for us and shaping up nicely but you can rely on a 21 y.o. to play every minute of every game at the consistency we require at the level we aspire to, it’s unfair on him. We need another player to play in that position. This is the case all over the pitch too.

We will challenge for top 4 next year, the expectation will also be making a decent attempt at the two cups too, and we also want and should be playing in Europe aswell. We need more players for rotation or we will be floundering by February.

Amended it for you.

Edited by SecretVillaScout

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

that AWB can do it in this system he is such a lights out defensive right back.

On Wan Bissaka, thought his Sofa stats were interesting as defensively he’s actually got worse over the last 4 years. If we got him operating at his 2020 level then I’d be more convinced.
3C8691CD-25B7-49EF-81AD-B473D19F1910.thumb.jpeg.32461ce54d32f3527eaa392b7ea3d1c3.jpeg

58 minutes ago, burchy said:

On Wan Bissaka, thought his Sofa stats were interesting as defensively he’s actually got worse over the last 4 years. If we got him operating at his 2020 level then I’d be more convinced.
3C8691CD-25B7-49EF-81AD-B473D19F1910.thumb.jpeg.32461ce54d32f3527eaa392b7ea3d1c3.jpeg

Yea but he is asked to go forward I. Their system 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yea but he is asked to go forward I. Their system 

What's the most you would pay for him? This is my main issue with him. 

Utd paid £50m four years ago and he's right in his prime now.

We'll be lucky if they accept £25m and he'll want Lucas Digne wages.

It's not where our money will make the most difference.

35 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He’s only got 12 months left on his contract, United will have to sell him this summer unless they plan on offering a new contract. Might be cheaper than you think.

18 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He’s only got 12 months left on his contract, United will have to sell him this summer unless they plan on offering a new contract. Might be cheaper than you think.

Why wouldn't they offer him a new contract? Is he not good enough?

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Kokcu bossing it in the middle for Feyenoord again today, get him in.

He had a fantastic game for them in the week against Roma by all accounts aswell so more proven than just Dutch league.

I still think we'll sign Guendouzi so not sure we have room for two new CMs but sounds an interesting player although Turks are a bit hit and miss in the premier league.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

12 months left on his deal so they'll struggle to get more than 25-30m off anyone for someone who's largely been a squad player in last 18 months.

I think they'll be following the Man. City model of just getting endless squad players off the wage bill, hard to believe Arsenal actually signed Zinchenko for only 30m last summer.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

My understanding is both AWB and Dalot are out of contract in a year. They are going to have to sign one of them on a new deal and bring a new right back in.

Odds are that contract will be given to Dallo as he can play the managers way IMO.

The wages will doubtless be 100k or more the price would definitely be sub 30m maybe around the 20m mark.

As far as defensive right backs go, I would put him up there with the very best around in football, but most people don't want a defensive right back they want a James or Hakimi.

For me he is definatly worth the money

edit - 'Apparently' his wage is 90k currently

Edited by paul514