Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

17 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Not disagreeing with your point overall and j like the players you name but not sure of the logic here. His (or anyone’s) wages will be the best someone offers him based on the competition from other clubs, not what he’s on now…  125k would be a nice increase for him for sure, but I can see other PL clubs also offering him that or more.

For some it's all about money, for others , getting maybe not the very best financial offer but a large increase and going somewhere you can be happy, get to play and fit in and still knowing the wages are more than enough. He's on the most money out of those 4 I mentioned, kamada is on something ridiculous like under 20k pw ? 

They are just some examples of the talent going for no fee this summer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Keep linking us to Phillips for £45 million... Whether you want to call him a has been or a never was I want that crocked splinter arse a million miles from us

Football Insider or BBC Gossip referencing Football Insider linking us to Phillips is not reliable source. It really should be on banned list

4 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

For some it's all about money, for others , getting maybe not the very best financial offer but a large increase and going somewhere you can be happy, get to play and fit in and still knowing the wages are more than enough. He's on the most money out of those 4 I mentioned, kamada is on something ridiculous like under 20k pw ? 

They are just some examples of the talent going for no fee this summer. 

You'd think it must be attractive to come here and get coached by Emery and his staff. The transformation in the players here is off the scale.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

New back up leftback ... Merlin ? . Will be difficult as Digne will want gametime but also he is on a massive contract. He will have to choose what he wants to do.

I like Merlin but his output is a bit low. Someone like Maatsen would be a good back up to Moreno next year as I think Burnley play a similar way to us this season and he’s done really well there (4g 6a).

With Chilwell signing a new contract at Chelsea he’s not going to get a look in there so might be a deal to be had. 

We need to bin Digne off asap, especially his ridiculous 160k wages. 

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

We need to bin Digne off asap, especially his ridiculous 160k wages. 

Agreed, Didn't Emery get rid of him at PSG?  I would 100% expect him to be gone in the summer one way or another.  

I think he will want coachable players or players that he has worked with before so he knows he can make us a disciplined unit.  And he will know already out of the current squad who will need to go and I trust him 100%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adman said:

I trust him 100%

If he’s this meticulous with the playing side of things then I’m hopefully he’s equally as meticulous with the transfer side of things.

We will see but I have high hopes

Just out of interest if we got Europa/CL football would that enable us to spend more from a FFP perspective?

3 minutes ago, Adman said:

Agreed, Didn't Emery get rid of him at PSG?  I would 100% expect him to be gone in the summer one way or another.  

I think he will want coachable players or players that he has worked with before so he knows he can make us a disciplined unit.  And he will know already out of the current squad who will need to go and I trust him 100%

Going to be hard unless he moves cause he wants to play football. He is being overpaid by about 100k a week. And hes got another 24 mill to be paid over the remainder of his contract. 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Going to be hard unless he moves cause he wants to play football. He is being overpaid by about 100k a week. And hes got another 24 mill to be paid over the remainder of his contract. 

Newcastle? Targets been shite lol

35 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yet more Gerrard baggage we’ll be lumped with.

Best we can hope for is a decent Ligue 1 team coming for him or another premier league team perhaps

1 minute ago, burchy said:

Best we can hope for is a decent Ligue 1 team coming for him or another premier league team perhaps

I think it will be much the same as Guilbert and Sanson. We will be paying 150k of wages though a week.  Might be that he has to stay as it would be pointless to loan him and still pay 7.5 mill a year to him 

Emery seems to have created such a good spirit and tight knit group already, I hope we don't mess that up by going out and buying loads of players in the summer.

For me I'd be happy with one more winger/attacking midfielder, a central midfielder and a right back. Perhaps a new No 2 GK if we can find a suitable one.

As winger/attacking midfielder I'd like us to go for Harvey Barnes, as central midfielder I dont know, but someone with very good passing ability and who is strong and good defensively wont come cheap. Same for the right back, if we don't go for my idea in the other thread and try out JJ there 😄 

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Emery seems to have created such a good spirit and tight knit group already, I hope we don't mess that up by going out and buying loads of players in the summer.

I agree and think will be 2-3 signings mainly Bailey wide attacking upgrade and RB if Emery doesn't think Cash is good enough

49 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I agree and think will be 2-3 signings mainly Bailey wide attacking upgrade and RB if Emery doesn't think Cash is good enough

Still think a younger CB needs to brought in,

Both Mings and Carlos both now in 30s,

Just someone in early 20s that will push the lads we have

34 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Still think a younger CB needs to brought in,

Both Mings and Carlos both now in 30s,

Just someone in early 20s that will push the lads we have

I really rated Tapsoba at Bayer Leverkusen a few years back. Not sure if he's kicked on but 24 and nearly 100 games for Leverkusen now so fits the profile.

Funnily enough Leverkusen signed him in 2020 from Vitoria Guimaraes so he may have been someone we previous scouted given that link up had been rumoured for many years.

2 hours ago, burchy said:

To be honest I liked the signing at the time

i wouldn’t have paid him that though 

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

To be honest I liked the signing at the time

i wouldn’t have paid him that though 

The player himself wasn't any issue.

The fee and wages were so stupid though, and I do think that was obvious. I cannot believe Gerrard was given the sign off to do it. Made me concerned about our recruitment all over again.

This summer is massive.