Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

23 hours ago, paul514 said:

Here is one to keep the conversation flowing.....

If you had to buy 3 players from the bottom 8 teams so that excludes Palace as they 100% aren't going down now they have 33 points......

Who would they be bearing in mind what we need so not just the three best players?

I like these games, so much so I'm going for 3 positions, with options:

CM - Rice or Neves; perhaps Onana or Ward-Prowse if the price is right

AM - Johnson or Maddison

Wide - Bowen, Benrahma, Gibbs-White, Barnes or Gnonto at a push #(but what they want he isn't worth to us IMO).

• Like 1

What's stopping this team from getting top 4 next season?

Martinez

Wan-Bissaka - Konsa - Mings - Alex Moreno
Luiz --------- Kamara
Guendouzi ----------------------------------- Gonçalves
Nico Williams ------------ Watkins

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Martinez

Luiz --------- Kamara

FFP lol. Would be an incredible window. Wan bissaka is an interesting one. If emery’s happy to have him purely as a defensive right back there’s probably no one better, maybe they can improve him going forward with coaching. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Martinez

Luiz --------- Kamara

Covid-23 and thats about it.

We can challenge for Top 4 next season. believe.

Edited by SecretVillaScout
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:
23 hours ago, paul514 said:

Here is one to keep the conversation flowing.....

If you had to buy 3 players from the bottom 8 teams so that excludes Palace as they 100% aren't going down now they have 33 points......

Who would they be bearing in mind what we need so not just the three best players?

I like these games, so much so I'm going for 3 positions, with options:

CM - Rice or Neves; perhaps Onana or Ward-Prowse if the price is right

AM - Johnson or Maddison

Wide - Bowen, Benrahma, Gibbs-White, Barnes or Gnonto at a push #(but what they want he isn't worth to us IMO).

I’d go (realistic)

RW: Bowen

DM: Danilo

GK: Fabianski

Unrealistc I’d go….

CM: Rice

RM: Paqueta

LM: Barnes

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

FFP lol. Would be an incredible window. Wan bissaka is an interesting one. If emery’s happy to have him purely as a defensive right back there’s probably no one better, maybe they can improve him going forward with coaching. 

I was probably being a bit too generous with the old war chest there 🤣

Let's sacrifice one, say Guendouzi and just play McGinn, still a very good team.  Three signings at right-back, left mid and wide striker is not unrealistic.

Seen a stat today that Wan-Bissaka has the best record at 1v1 in the PL, would be very good in Emery system as a defensive full back, and is seemingly going to be sold this summer.

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

When people say winger...... are they on about the position McGinn and Ramsey are playing which I call wide midfield?

Or are they on about the player who plays behind Watkins which tends to be Bailey/Buendia?

If you look at Bailey's average positioning, heat map etc he still tends to operate as a winger despite how the formation lines up on paper. When he hasn't played there and it's been Buendia then McGinn, Bailey again etc have tended to be wider on the right of the four midfielders as a result. So it's for whatever position Emery sees fit really, but he did specifically say he wants a winger in so it's safe to assume that'll be happening. My memory on it is foggy but either Emery himself or whoever in the media added to it by saying one with pace and the general qualities of your conventional winger is what he was after, I'm guessing hence the Nico Williams interest. 

• Like 1

I know lots of things will impact on this, such as player sales and the like, but what are people thinking we’ll spend this summer?

I reckon 160m gross

It also seems that a lot of the players on frees this summer are starting to nail down teams. Perhaps we might have an announcement soon for one or two players were in for. 

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

I really would like us to sign Wan-Bissaka , but I fear that United will sell Dalot and keep Wan-Bissaka. They probably will sign Jeremie Frimpong as well for competition.

Dalot is about to sign a new deal

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I really would like us to sign Wan-Bissaka , but I fear that United will sell Dalot and keep Wan-Bissaka. They probably will sign Jeremie Frimpong as well for competition.

Really? I've always thought he was a bit meh. Lets just go straight for Frimpong.

Aren’t we after a RB/CB and not a traditional attacking RB though as we already have Cash, Young and KKH on the books who would be classed as out and out RBs.

If we had cash to burn Jurrien Timber at Ajax would be a decent shout as the RB/CB as his passing stats are amazing. He is a bit short though. 

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Really? I've always thought he was a bit meh. Lets just go straight for Frimpong.

I think now he’s being coached a bit better, I think he’s improved. Emery could work wonders with him to take him to another level. I do like Frimpong but I was always under the impression he was more of an attacking full back and with our system I’m not sure if he would fit. 

7 minutes ago, burchy said:

Aren’t we after a RB/CB and not a traditional attacking RB though as we already have Cash, Young and KKH on the books who would be classed as out and out RBs.

If we had cash to burn Jurrien Timber at Ajax would be a decent shout as the RB/CB as his passing stats are amazing. He is a bit short though. 

AWB is not really an attacking type like Moreno, his strength is his defensive actions.  If Dalot is first choice, or if United are seemingly going for another RB, then AWB with 12 months left on his contract would be a decent shout.

36 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Martinez

Luiz --------- Kamara

4 other teams. 

• Haha 2

I don’t think we should try and bed 4-5 new players in to the starting 11, that’s so difficult to do. We should be looking to bring in 2 excellent players and then competition for positions elsewhere. It’s a difficult balance but if you bring in 5 new starters, that can really affect things.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Martinez

Luiz --------- Kamara

not trying to be picky, but i will have a go:

- Wan-Bissaka

- at least one of the central defenders.

- probably Watkins.

- im not actually sure how good Nico Williams is, so who knows.