Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I disagree, and we don’t play with wingers, you would be buying barnes as an AM/SS

Yes we do go and actually look at our players average position, and study previous Unai Emery teams. In possession more so in games that we dominate possession Bailey/Traore are well wide providing width and Moreno provides it on the other side.

13 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Nooooooooooooo. 31 in November horrible attitude and Palace playing way better without him. Why so many on here have hard on for him?

How has he got a terrible attitude? Donates 10% of his salary to charity and seems a good guy off the pitch. 

He's a player that you hate when he's against you, but would love someone like that on your team. Like JG in that respect. I'm not saying we should sign him, but he may be an option, as Unai was a known fan. 

As for Palace playing better without him? He's missed one game. He's carried the team for years. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tielamans would be a no brainier on a free.  I don’t think he’ll have to worry too much about securing a move if Leicester go down. 

I have a feeling he is Arsenal bound. 

24 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That Leicester dressing room seems a bit toxic. I probably wouldn’t touch much of that squad. Find better deals in Spain or France. 

Always liked pereira but he is always injured 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

How has he got a terrible attitude? Donates 10% of his salary to charity and seems a good guy off the pitch. 

He's a player that you hate when he's against you, but would love someone like that on your team. Like JG in that respect. I'm not saying we should sign him, but he may be an option, as Unai was a known fan. 

As for Palace playing better without him? He's missed one game. He's carried the team for years. 

As long as players don’t break the law off the pitch I don’t care what they do.

50 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I disagree, and we don’t play with wingers, you would be buying barnes as an AM/SS

We play with inverted wingers. If you hadn't noticed Barnes is a LW who is right footed, so could quite easily adapt to the role we'd be asking of him as he cuts inside a lot for Leicester anyway. He wouldn't be my first choice in the summer but is definitely a feasible option. 

You aren't going to agree which is fine just like I don't agree at all with you that no European football is better than European Conference league which I think is crazy given it has been 13 years since we played in any European competition whatsoever. 

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Zaha feels like the absolute perfect fit for us in terms of the player Emery might want. Quick, strong, skilful and good enough to drop deep for the ball or play out wide. Basically, what he’s asking Bailey and Traore to do.

FWIW, I can’t see it. I think he’ll either go to a team playing in the CL or to somewhere like Saudi for big money (£250k a week kind of money). Villa just seems like a bit of a nothing move unless we get into Europe and throw big money at him. He’s also the wrong side of 30 and whilst he strikes me as somebody that will be good enough even at the age of 33/34, you have to be careful giving out long contracts to players at that age. He’s got one big move left in him and he knows it. 

Not sure what CL teams in England will go for him, City and United won’t. Arsenal don’t need him, suppose Newcastle is probably his best option.

56 minutes ago, Xela said:

Apparently he sort of led a revolt against Viera. God knows how true. Also when i’ve seen him talk he always seems to have a bit of victim mentality about him. Something just doesn’t seem right with his attitude to me. Quality player but I think the time to sign him has passed. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Rather we steered clear of players that are 30+ looking for their last big payday. Zaha is a good player and probably not out of the question for us as it's an upward move from Palace, but rather we shopped for players that are 25 or under to build a great team for the next 5+ years. 

Zaha is pretty much universally loved by Palace fans, donates a good chunk of his pay to charity, has his own foundation, and I believe funded Palace's ladies team by himself at one point. Most things point to him not being a bad egg at all outside of he makes the opposition dislike him on the pitch, which is kind of what you want from one of your players.

Can't see Villa signing him, more likely a Newcastle or a Champions League team abroad I'd say, but he's a quality player and if Emery wanted him as he did previously I wouldn't be complaining at all.

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Zaha feels like the absolute perfect fit for us in terms of the player Emery might want. Quick, strong, skilful and good enough to drop deep for the ball or play out wide. Basically, what he’s asking Bailey and Traore to do.

FWIW, I can’t see it. I think he’ll either go to a team playing in the CL or to somewhere like Saudi for big money (£250k a week kind of money). Villa just seems like a bit of a nothing move unless we get into Europe and throw big money at him. He’s also the wrong side of 30 and whilst he strikes me as somebody that will be good enough even at the age of 33/34, you have to be careful giving out long contracts to players at that age. He’s got one big move left in him and he knows it. 

I'd love Zaha at Villa. Brilliant player and exactly the type of player we need. Can play up front or wide. But Newcastle seems exactly where to go for him especially as they'll be in CL most likely 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Rather we steered clear of players that are 30+ looking for their last big payday. Zaha is a good player and probably not out of the question for us as it's an upward move from Palace, but rather we shopped for players that are 25 or under to build a great team for the next 5+ years. 

Emery likes and values experienced players, so we might get a couple in the summer. I'd trust him tbh rather than worry about only signing younger players for their sell-on potential. 

• Like 1

Zaha is exactly the type of player we want except as with Barnes discussion the other day he is LW rather than RW which would block off Moreno in our current system. 

Also injuries would be another concern, seems to have missed a few games this year. 

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Emery likes and values experienced players, so we might get a couple in the summer. I'd trust him tbh rather than worry about only signing younger players for their sell-on potential. 

Not worried tbh, and the odd one is good for experience, but signing too many old players is a bad policy and we have done just that recently with the likes of Digne, Coutinho, Diego Carlos etc. 

Emery might sign an experienced head but evidence suggests it will predominantly be younger players, he was at Arsenal when they signed Martinelli and Saliba (although not sure how much input he had in signings there) and at Villareal he signed Foyth, Lo Celso, Danjuma etc who were all 25 or younger at the time and all became key players. Might get the odd experienced player in but not really a fan of buying lots of experienced heads as I don't think it's a good long term strategy. 

Olise is the one from Palace. So consistent for  21 years old. Plays well 4 out of 5 games rather than 1 out of 5 . Very rarely does he not have an impact one way or another.  Imagine the crosses for Watkins 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Zaha might as well stop at Palace if he doesnt get a champions league team. Thats his obvious dream. 

He's kind of wasted his career though staying there that long, should have moved from there years ago, probably won't ever play in Europe for them and won't win anything there. Crystal Palace is a sh*t part of London too and the ground is a dump.