Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 minutes ago, djdabush said:

I'm not sure why anyone thought we were signing a RB or backup GB. It's been pretty clear for a while that Emery is happy with our options in both areas. If we are to make another signing after Lenglet then I'd predict it will be an attacker

What's a backup GB?

Is that in place in case Brexit fails?

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

30 June 2025 according to transfermarkt… 😬

We must've given him a new deal 2021 then (probably as a reward for scoring the winner at Man. United).

I think that's the issue with giving limited players 4 year deals as we've seen managers change and they want even their own back-ups not that Hause wages would be a huge drain on our wage bill.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We must've given him a new deal 2021 then (probably as a reward for scoring the winner at Man. United).

I think that's the issue with giving limited players 4 year deals as we've seen managers change and they want even their own back-ups not that Hause wages would be a huge drain on our wage bill.

3 year deal last January in that awful window that we won

Club was going nuts then

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

3 year deal last January in that awful window that we won

Club was going nuts then

Bizarre.

Did he even make the squad under Gerrard before that?

We also signed Chambers around that time who effectively took his place as the 3rd CB.

Sometimes as we've seen with Kienan endless contract extensions aren't always the answer and it's better to just sell players when they're in peak form.

Edit: He came on for Konsa at half time in the Man. United 2-2 home game which was his last significant action for us. Perhaps they'll want him as replacement for Maguire as he usually does well v them!

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Bizarre.

We also signed Chambers around that time who effectively took his place as the 3rd CB.

Sometimes as we've seen with Kienan endless contract extensions aren't always the answer and it's better to just sell players when they're in peak form.

I guess the logic was that he was Mings cover at that time and Chambers was Konsa's. Then the next window we signed Carlos (and then Bednarek)

54 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

It's small risk for a player whose hasnt had a spate of injuries. He's had a lot of Injuries/niggles all related to the ruptured achllies he suffered back in 2019 so more than just a small risk... Looks like he's signing for Forest anyway. 

Yep but without that he wouldn’t be so cheap that’s the bet.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bizarre.

Edit: He came on for Konsa at half time in the Man. United 2-2 home game which was his last significant action for us. Perhaps they'll want him as replacement for Maguire as he usually does well v them!

I think he got the contract that week and then never seen again

• Haha 1