Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Ah never mind, thought someone had heard something but misread 

No probs at all… discussion is what this place is for!

👍

Can’t predict or call anything (nor rule anything out) but… I don’t feel we’re after a CF.

A forward or versatile attacker, yeah… and I think of “top quality”… it’s been suggested in dif ways but I can’t forget what Unai said during the US friendlies… we’re ready to act at the end of the window… for an important player…

We will try at least…

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If Coutinho goes, and we've got no one incoming, I'd quite like us to biff the JPB deal and keep him here.

Not going to happen but the lad can play.

JPB has said that he wants to go and play first team football.  It would send a bad message to the rest of the academy players if we agreed to let him go and then pulled the plug so that he can play 90 minutes across the whole season as 3rd back-up.  Let him go and play regular football and if he does well bring him back when he's ready to compete for a place in the first team squad.

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

No worries. On second reading i think it was more of a suggestion anyway 😅

I think we may already have our CF cover or competition…

Duran is looking like a bright spark and has 2 goals but there’s someone else who can score goals and finish chances, and is a more cultured finisher than Ollie:

We could do with a right footed forward… plenty of left footers in the squad now.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Imagine spending the whole summer looking for a striker and that is the best we can do. 

Backup is the missing word.

He'd be an extra body through the door but not convinced by him. 

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Divock origi an interesting  option , felix very unlikely now though Emery was keen 

Shame. I really thought they had something quite special up their sleeve (besides Monchi’s arm) given the amount of players we’ve shipped out. 

I really do believe we will try and bring in a top class player but if we don’t manage it… I’m happy to put a heap of faith in our boy Nico 🇮🇹🤌

Exciting talent… could really boost us!

Moussa isn’t bad either 😂

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I really do believe we will try and bring in a top class player but if we don’t manage it… I’m happy to put a heap of faith in our boy Nico 🇮🇹🤌

Exciting talent… could really boost us!

Moussa isn’t bad either 😂

Exactly, we have lots to be very positive about already. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

We do… but a cherry on top would be delicious 😂

If the management thought we had enough they’d say so, not that they are still looking for opportunities to strengthen.

It’s been an amazing window already, and though we’ve probably not done enough to compete on every front we can hopefully manage the Conference, while sustaining another push for top 7 in the league. 

That’s progress. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is it because he played for Liverpool? Honestly never really impressed 

Was at Liverpool for 8 years and scored some big goals. A regular in the Belgium squad, also been at Lille and Milan so clubs must see something in him.

Just to be clear I don't actively want him but I wouldn't mind if we signed him.

52 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If something was happening we would have heard something by now

Based on that then there will be no surprise deals for any club today if they've not already been reported in the media?

I'd be very surprised if that were the case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

If the management thought we had enough they’d say so, not that they are still looking for opportunities to strengthen.

It’s been an amazing window already, and though we’ve probably not done enough to compete on every front we can hopefully manage the Conference, while sustaining another push for top 7 in the league. 

That’s progress. 

Sure… but I think Unai wants more than that. He is very ambitious.

We’ve covered it but… we’ll sign players of the right/highest quality and who fit into Unai’s style and system when and if they become available or can be convinced…

If we don’t manage it, there’s alway next time.

We have a great squad and, most of all, an elite manager.

I’m happy with the players we have sent out and are in the process of sending out too… a proper refinement of the squad… 

It’s going to be a great season.