Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ok, so…

Aaron Ramsey was sold to Burnley for £14m with a buyback clause… he came on as a sub against us when we thrashed them.

Archer was sold to Sheff Utd for £18.5m with a buyback clause.

Davis is on his way for a medical and move to Udinese, deal £2-3m.

Philogene… the deal was pretty much done for £5m but the agreement on term or length of buyback clause was a sticking point but seems to have been resolved or agreed upon - should go through on deadline day.

Lenglet is on the way and the deal is close to completion.

Coutinho is due to leave for Qatar… joining Al-Duhail… should be completed soon.

-

Further transfers are still possible (both outgoings and incomings, nothing has been ruled out by anyone at the club)… I get the impression that we will try and bring in a perceived “big/statement signing” that Unai has wanted for a while (but deal was difficult or took a long time to finalise or to attract/convince the player) to help boost our attack…

But, if we don’t manage to complete any more business… we’re happy with where we are at and who we have got… we can hold fire and just strike at the right time and take advantage of the right opportunities in future too…

I don’t feel anyone else will be sold but I haven’t got a clue 😆

No signing players for the sake of it… only the ones Unai actually wants and sees as ideal or the “right fit”. 

Could be a busy and exciting last day… Monchi will be busy regardless…let’s try n enjoy it 😆

It’s nearly over…

nakamba too!

even if coutinho doesnt leave, but philogene & davis defo do, we probably only have a net spend this summer of about 35m (excluding bonuses not yet paid).

if we did manage to sell coutinho for 10-20m, that would take our net spend down to 15-25m.

those kind of numbers give a lot of room for a big signing on deadline day (we probably wont though, we dont do big deadline days.........(here's hoping though :P ))

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

nakamba too!

even if coutinho doesnt leave, but philogene & davis defo do, we probably only have a net spend this summer of about 35m (excluding bonuses not yet paid).

if we did manage to sell coutinho for 10-20m, that would take our net spend down to 15-25m.

those kind of numbers give a lot of room for a big signing on deadline day (we probably wont though, we dont do big deadline days.........(here's hoping though :P ))

I think it’s possible… Monchi is different and operates on a higher level than the previous guys we’ve had in charge…

The club wants to back and support Unai and he is more ambitious than any of us know!

I didn’t mention Nakamba because it’s old news, just the recent business…

-

To digress a little… 

I just see no reason or justification to rule anything out so let’s wait and see. We’ve had a good window and we can look forwards with enthusiasm n excitement… but if we can be even stronger and bring in someone to elevate the team… it’s going to be thrilling and we should all embrace it and be happy about it.

Can’t understand the pessimism, negativity and petty desire to prove people wrong or be proved right from some… we should all be united in our happiness and enthusiasm really… we’ve come a long way and the only way is up under this exceptional manager!

Everyone can and will have their say after the window is closed anyway 😆

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ok, so…

Aaron Ramsey was sold to Burnley for £14m with a buyback clause… he came on as a sub against us when we thrashed them.

Archer was sold to Sheff Utd for £18.5m with a buyback clause.

Davis is on his way for a medical and move to Udinese, deal £2-3m.

Philogene… the deal was pretty much done for £5m but the agreement on term or length of buyback clause was a sticking point but seems to have been resolved or agreed upon - should go through on deadline day.

Lenglet is on the way and the deal is close to completion.

Coutinho is due to leave for Qatar… joining Al-Duhail… should be completed soon.

Digne is staying, Unai is “very happy” with him. 

-

Further transfers are still possible (both outgoings and incomings, nothing has been ruled out by anyone at the club)… I get the impression that we will try and bring in a perceived “big/statement signing” that Unai has wanted for a while (but deal was difficult or took a long time to finalise or to attract/convince the player) to help boost our attack…

But, if we don’t manage to complete any more business… we’re happy with where we are at and who we have got… we can hold fire and just strike at the right time and take advantage of the right opportunities in future too…

I don’t feel anyone else will be sold but I haven’t got a clue 😆

No signing players for the sake of it… only the ones Unai actually wants and sees as ideal or the “right fit”. 

Could be a busy and exciting last day… Monchi will be busy regardless…let’s try n enjoy it 😆

It’s nearly over…

So 40m plus Coutinho, anyone seen any figures on what we might get? 

seems a lot to bring in and not sign anyone, would make our net spend very low.

Just now, paul514 said:

Well… all I’ve seen (a while back now) is a report or rumour that we are selling for less than we paid for him and so avoiding the “50% of any profit clause” that Barca included in his sale… so they get nothing out of this.

But… it’s apparently still a decent  deal/price. Around 20m euros possibly, not too far below that… but I thought we paid £17m?

But it could all be bullshit too… have to wait for the proper and correct details to come out…

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Some say it is 20m euros, some say less, some say close to 🤷‍♂️ 

15 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’m very confident that we are at least “trying” to bring in a high quality attacker… whether it happens or the player can be convinced is another matter…

Sure there are “irons in the fire” but it depends on different factors…

Unai had already said in the US that we would be ready to act at the end of the window… maybe that was a hint… we could have someone lined up and possibly even ready to join but the timing and other things had to “fall into place” at the right time… I’m fairly sure that player is seen as an upgrade or to help take us up a level too… at least in Unai’s view…

Anyway, I am sure that higher calibre targets are harder to sign/attract and it takes much more time to complete deals for them, harder to convince/persuade and involve longer or more complex negotiations… selling clubs will often want replacements lined up too…

Just have to wait and see…

Edited by Jas10

26 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What value does someone completely making up a nonsense rumour on the forum have? Just a free for all now?

one more day of watching you bang your head against a wall

it has always been a free for all thats why it is enjoyable

12 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

one more day of watching you bang your head against a wall

it has always been a free for all thats why it is enjoyable

There's a difference between here's an ITK link and I would like this player to someone making up bollocks as bait post. Is this some kind of post-Trump anything goes BS?

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Any chance we manage to offload Hause somehow, somewhere?

Guy’s kind of in limbo n I feel a bit sorry for him, has given us good service (and that goal at Old Trafford!) and always been professional.

Just not up to the required standard and needs to overcome his injury troubles…

Needs to go and rebuild his career and reputation… suited to the Championship …

Got a feeling we might pay him off once the window shuts. How long has he got left on his contract?

• Like 1

I still maintain making an offer to Chelsea for the reported figures of around 5 million to buy Hudson Odoi and giving him a 2 year deal with the option of a third is a risk worth taking in our system. He can play in the forward roles obviously but he played a fair few games for Chelsea at wing back so could play wide midfield too.

the upsides are huge, the downsides if it doesn’t work out are very low.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's so ridiculous and based on nothing but a bollocks post on here

The window is closing today, so I'm sure you will be relieved to know that this frivolous, loose lipped speculation thread, will also be slamming shut. 

An observation and a question for you, as it does though. Firstly, you do realize that by now, because your bitching is so incessant, your posts have finally reached parody level, right?

The beauty of comments like the Alvarez one, is that it shows it's actually your sex on fire and people on here are now gleefully and deliberately pouring petrol on it to watch you do your thing. It's genuinely hilarious watching you losing your shit...

Again. And again. And again... Pointlessly, without succeeding in your valiant health and safety mission!

The genuine, heartfelt question I have, is why do you bother? People have told you they don't care for your advice, yet you are still offering it. Of course you are free to do so, but it's actually pointless.

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

The window is closing today, so I'm sure you will be relieved to know that this frivolous, loose lipped speculation thread, will also be slamming shut. 

An observation and a question for you, as it does though. Firstly, you do realize that by now, because your bitching is so incessant, your posts have finally reached parody level, right?

The beauty of comments like the Alvarez one, is that it shows it's actually your sex on fire and people on here are now gleefully and deliberately pouring petrol on it to watch you do your thing. It's genuinely hilarious watching you losing your shit...

Again. And again. And again... Pointlessly, without succeeding in your valiant health and safety mission!

The genuine, heartfelt question I have, is why do you bother? People have told you they don't care for your advice, yet you are still offering it. Of course you are free to do so, but it's actually pointless.

Place used to be moderated for bullshit bait but I guess not anymore. Fair enough

• Like 1