Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Are we really not going to sign another attacker?

Kind of shocked, were so light especially on the left hand side and up top.

Think we might be waiting to see if Coutinho leaves first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Really? Its clear the club/Emery don't want him.

Don't think it's a case where they desperately want him gone.

IF he could stay fit and get a run of games together, i'm sure they wouldn't mind keeping him.

It's his wages and questionable fitness more than anything why they would probably be ok with him leaving, to bring in someone more reliable or a younger " project " imo.

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

How the **** does a player like Ansu Fati end up at Brighton?

Because they’re a well run club, earning big money and spending smartly. They have a system that would show anyone that he’s good. Fair play to them. 
We’re doing our way as well, and hopefully we’re much better and sustainable. But we can’t deny what they’re doing. They have money to spend as well.

7 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

We are not short of players anywhere. Even with Mings and Buendia removed and Coutinho sold we have two players in every position.

Watkins/Duran

McGinn/Ramsey       Diaby/Zaniolo         Bailey/Traore

Luiz/Tielemans      Kamara/Dendoncker

Moreno/Digne                                           Cash/Chambers

Torres/Lenglet          Carlos/Konsa

Martinez/Olsen

Are there players there that can be upgraded? Certainly, especially by returning Tyrone and Emi. But one window at a time.

I keep forgetting about Traore.  Looking at that I'd say from that we're weakest on the right forward  position (granted,  Diaby and maybe McGinn can play there too), not the left

When Buendia is back though he returns to the left, where he was playing in preseason so well and McGinn moves across either to the middle or the right. With Diaby and Zaniolo taking up the middle and right roles most games anyway it means that we have Ramsey, Buendia and McGinn fighting it out for the last spot on the left and two of them plus Bailey as back up with Traore probably out the door next Summer. Not really any weak spots at all.

Myron Boadu is available from Monaco, I remember when he was at AZ he was rated quite highly. He’s dropped off a bit since joining Monaco(not sure why) and they are probably selling him due to getting Balogun.

I’m sure Boadu can cover LW and can play ST, he’s also right footed as well. I wonder if he’s under consideration, especially since Emery likes to work his magic on players that are underperforming

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

When Buendia is back though he returns to the left, where he was playing in preseason so well and McGinn moves across either to the middle or the right. With Diaby and Zaniolo taking up the middle and right roles most games anyway it means that we have Ramsey, Buendia and McGinn fighting it out for the last spot on the left and two of them plus Bailey as back up with Traore probably out the door next Summer. Not really any weak spots at all.

Might be interesting to see McGinn playing more as the second striker too with Diaby wide right. Cash did a  great job there too at the weekend (was the right selection for the opponent - a far cry from the days when  a McLeish selection with two right backs would elicit widespread groans)

Edit: but then again, just imagine what Emery could do with Hutton in this system...

Edited by one_ian_taylor

34 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Didn't @Eastie promise us something to do with cream and a pussy?

I've cracked the code!... We are signing 50 year old Antiguan Footballer GARFIELD Goncalves who already plays for the Villa Lions.. not sure how they snuck that one past us.

Garfield Gonsalves - Wikipedia

Full name Garfield Gonsalves
Date of birth 11 September 1972 (age 50)
Place of birth Antigua and Barbuda
Position(s) central back
Team information
Current team
Villa Lions
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2004– Villa Lions    
International career
1992–2008 Antigua and Barbuda 28+ (7+)
*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 12:29, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
‡ National team caps and goals, correct as of 30 

Garfield (character) - Wikipedia

* When coming up with this... I had no clue i'd actually find a player named Garfield... especially not one which happened to be connected to a team called " Villa Lions " 😂

What are the chances?!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Myron Boadu is available from Monaco, I remember when he was at AZ he was rated quite highly. He’s dropped off a bit since joining Monaco(not sure why) and they are probably selling him due to getting Balogun.

I’m sure Boadu can cover LW and can play ST, he’s also right footed as well. I wonder if he’s under consideration, especially since Emery likes to work his magic on players that are underperforming

I'd love Boadu. Get him firing and there is a very good player in there. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

We are not short of players anywhere. Even with Mings and Buendia removed and Coutinho sold we have two players in every position.

Watkins/Duran

Martinez/Olsen

Are there players there that can be upgraded? Certainly, especially by returning Tyrone and Emi. But one window at a time.

You have earned a name change to Monchi Puzzle, due to discovering his secret chart.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Watkins/Duran

Martinez/Olsen

This...  We also have the January window to do business in as well.  Even without Mings, Buendia, and Coutinho this is a stronger squad than last year on paper.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

This...  We also have the January window to do business in as well.  Even without Mings, Buendia, and Coutinho this is a stronger squad than last year on paper.  

And because  of the coaching  improvements to existing players,  much stronger on the pitch