Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

21 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Those Ings and Chambers tweets were literally only about an hour or so before the club announced on the website. Hardly a major coup.

That was pretty much the first anyone heard of it though, right?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Those Ings and Chambers tweets were literally only about an hour or so before the club announced on the website. Hardly a major coup.

Nah Ings defo took everybody by surprise.

Have even seen interviews where it's claimed Ings was held very tightly under wraps.

I remember Ings saying he couldn't even tell anyone himself.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah Ings defo took everybody by surprise.

Have even seen interviews where it's claimed Ings was held very tightly under wraps.

I remember Ings saying he couldn't even tell anyone himself.

Yeah I remember that - he said he wasn't allowed to text his Dad. Odd that they were so secretive about that Ings transfer in particular.

People still think we’re after Felix? God I hope not, seems a bit of a bad apple and hardly set the world alight where he’s been recently.

Of course Emery could work his magic but I just don’t see it.

8 minutes ago, bose said:

People still think we’re after Felix? God I hope not, seems a bit of a bad apple and hardly set the world alight where he’s been recently.

I 100% don't think he would come here but if he did he would have a point to prove and he has decent quality. However I expect he'll trot off to Saudi or on loan to some Italian side. 

8 minutes ago, bose said:

I can't see it either but we'll see now whether Barca move for him. Rumour was if they could move on either Fati or Ferran then they could go for him. And now Fati appears to be on the move.

My bigger hope had been we'd be the ones to get Ferran - I'd prefer him to Felix anyway -  but looks like he's staying and Fati moving to make way for Felix

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I can't see it either but we'll see now whether Barca move for him. Rumour was if they could move on either Fati or Ferran then they could go for him. And now Fati appears to be on the move.

My bigger hope had been we'd be the ones to get Ferran - I'd prefer him to Felix anyway -  but looks like he's staying and Fati moving to make way for Felix

Ferran was alway going to stay. He said as much himself, and when Barca gave him the number 7 shirt this season, that pretty much confirmed it.

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Guess what Felix wants, Felix gets.

I must admit terrible vibes from him and on the back of one decent season!

Close to the end of EVERY transfer window there are rumours of a marquee signing on the last day; never happens though.

And you know what i'm fine with that; Felix does not fit with the 'family' and philosophy of unity Emery wants to create at Villa.

With Moreno and J. Ramsey back Villa are looking good.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He is a bullshit artist. He calls those that were already in the media. Has bullshit calls that later get deleted. You go back and see correct calls and you go. Oh this lad clearly has information. He also does the classic "be vague always" type tweets to get more interest. People with information are just direct xxx is a target. 

I wish people were a little more intelligent and less gullible as the bullshit garbage from twitter slams the shit out of this thread. 

Thanks. I wasn't sure but thought he's been accused a lot of deleting tweet misses. 

27 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I 100% don't think he would come here but if he did he would have a point to prove and he has decent quality. However I expect he'll trot off to Saudi or on loan to some Italian side. 

Been massively turned off by his antics.

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wouldn't say what @Eastie is saying is wrong.

The tweet says states looking for a marquee signing, Felix possibly, or someone in that category is how I've read it.

The club have been working on something big for a while and it was always going to happen late in the window. I dare say Felix is one of those 'marquee' names on the list alongside someone of that ilk that we're looking at signing.

Here it is (ITK): Mobile Structures | 25-120 Metre Marquee - MT65 Marquee Tent :D

• Haha 2

Fair play @IrishVilla10

You took time out to do exactly what was requested. Delivered.

Still poo-pooed by people who have made their mind up already. Sorry you wasted your time.

Evidence being shoved in their face and still arguing black is white. Embarrassing. Behaviour like Trump maga nutters.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Fair play @IrishVilla10

You took time out to do exactly what was requested. Delivered.

Still poo-pooed by people who have made their mind up already. Sorry you wasted your time.

Evidence being shoved in their face and still arguing black is white. Embarrassing. Behaviour like Trump maga nutters.

I gave him a like for the effort. Can only judge this Twitter guy now based on window end and in future

Also re itk etc tweets - my brother used to work for a prestigious clothing firm in the mailbox. The personal shoppers there would get information regarding which footballers were signing for the midland’s clubs.

My brother was the logistics guy so he would either get the name of the player or the agent looking after him. Then the items get sent to Bodymoor Heath initially but the name of the players would have to be disclosed by this stage. 

Anyone anywhere in the chain might get a bit of info. Apparently we were close to signing JWP when Jack left and also last season we were close to Tielemans. 

• Like 2