Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I have a suspicion that the framework of a deal is in place and agreed for Felix with Mendes & Atletico - pending Barca & Saudi’s interest so the deal can be completed quickly if he decides he wants to join before Fridays deadline … 

Really going to struggle to get much work done on Friday. Waiting for Monchi to spring a surprise signing on us after Lenglet.

Although our transfer deals always seem to take a while. Even when selling players it has felt like it’s taken an age. Saying that, maybe that’s just because of the complications of buy backs with Ramsey, Philogene and, to a lesser extent, Archer.

Apparently Felix has said if he doesn't sign for Barca he will go to Saudi. Really don't want him, seems like a bad apple and clearly has now desire to play for Villa, I doubt we would keep our offer on the table for that long. Monchi n Co don't strike me as that kind

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

3 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

I don’t believe this guy but I do believe @Eastie

I wouldn't say what @Eastie is saying is wrong.

The tweet says states looking for a marquee signing, Felix possibly, or someone in that category is how I've read it.

The club have been working on something big for a while and it was always going to happen late in the window. I dare say Felix is one of those 'marquee' names on the list alongside someone of that ilk that we're looking at signing.

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Is the Acuna deal totally dead? Presumably wd are keeping digne?

It looks like that is now what's happening in both scenarios, yes.

Unless we find a suitable LB within the next few days, Digne should be staying put until Jan atleast.

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I haven’t seen much evidence of him making up stuff, I have seen him call 3/4 signings though including Emery.  

Can you link these 3-4 signings he got right? I think he got 1 right once that was so heavily linked by many. 

He does same vague shit every time

It’s quite mental who some of our targets are,

Doesn't reveal so if sign someone can say that was one of them

so chances of landing limited but looking for a marquee signing.

Plausible deniability if signings don't happen

Felix possibly most likely in that category.

High profile player linked by many before but says nothing really

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

I don’t believe this guy but I do believe @Eastie

21 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Pinch of salt job but he’s been right a few times, matches up with info from @Eastie

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wouldn't say what @Eastie is saying is wrong.

The tweet says states looking for a marquee signing, Felix possibly, or someone in that category is how I've read it.

The club have been working on something big for a while and it was always going to happen late in the window. I dare say Felix is one of those 'marquee' names on the list alongside someone of that ilk that we're looking at signing.

What did he say?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Wouter Burger plays for stoke and scored today we have to sign him for that name. Also Cafu got an assist for Rotherham in the same game. 

My favourite thing in Texas

images (1).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Really going to struggle to get much work done on Friday. Waiting for Monchi to spring a surprise signing on us after Lenglet.

I don't we're still active in looking for a LB, but it's the one after Lenglet that will be the best.

It won't just be Friday mate, all week is going to be great when you throw in the Hibs game. B)

- Smuggle any potential 'marquee' player still doubtful about signing, into the stadium on Thursday night and let them witness and absorb the Atmosphere of Villa Park in full voice before they become hooked and decide to sign for us there and then!. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Wouter Burger plays for stoke and scored today we have to sign him for that name. Also Cafu got an assist for Rotherham in the same game. 

Hutton is out of retirement? 😜

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Yeah course, complete hassle though 

Ings, who no one knew about. This alone is enough to convince me he has some info from somewhere  

Chambers, who was also announced completely out of the blue without fabrizio etc.

Barkley two weeks before he was announced. 

Emery three days before. 
You’ll likely hit back with those were a few years back etc but he clearly has some information. 

He is a bullshit artist. He calls those that were already in the media. Has bullshit calls that later get deleted. You go back and see correct calls and you go. Oh this lad clearly has information. He also does the classic "be vague always" type tweets to get more interest. People with information are just direct xxx is a target. 

I wish people were a little more intelligent and less gullible as the bullshit garbage from twitter slams the shit out of this thread. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2