Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tavares to Forest though not sure if we were interested

The noise seems to be that Digne is being kept on, he’s hit form at the right time but wouldn’t be a surprise if he leaves in January if Moreno reclaims his place in the team when he returns 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Preparing for the usual bids on our best players on final day of the window...Watkins needs to sign that new contract

I doubt we'll get many bids as other clubs know it'll take massive money for us to sell a key player. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:
13 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Preparing for the usual bids on our best players on final day of the window...Watkins needs to sign that new contract

When has this ever happened?

When he moved from Brentford to Villa he signed a new contract 😉

28 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wolves after Adam Wharton from Blackburn. Definitely should try and pip them if he's considering going there.

Quality player.

Is he better than Aaron Ramsey?

Would be odd us selling Ramsey to then bring in an untested high potential 19-year old from Blackburn.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Is he better than Aaron Ramsey?

Would be odd us selling Ramsey to then bring in an untested high potential 19-year old from Blackburn.

I think he probably is yeah. Plays a bit deeper than Ramsey.

Agree with your comment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I doubt we'll get many bids as other clubs know it'll take massive money for us to sell a key player. 

I’d be really surprised if Liverpool didn’t leak they are about to bid for our player near deadline to try to unsettle our preparations for the weekend game.  Play those psychological games even if it makes 1% different is all it needs in games.  They don’t even have to put a bid in, just unsettle one of our key players.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’d be really surprised if Liverpool didn’t leak they are about to bid for our player near deadline to try to unsettle our preparations for the weekend game.  Play those psychological games even if it makes 1% different is all it needs in games.  They don’t even have to put a bid in, just unsettle one of our key players.

2 can play at that game. Get the cheeky bids in 😉

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Looks like the Saudis could be doing that for us if rumours are true, there due to drop a massive bid in for Salah.

Or maybe emery has called scousepool and put on a Saudi accent, just for the shits and giggles 😁

Edited by Joshie2000
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, villan95 said:

2 can play at that game. Get the cheeky bids in 😉

"Aston Villa are believed to be weighing  up an offer for Liverpool's Darwin Nunez. The Uruguayan striker, 24, has struggled  to live up to expectation since joining  in 2022 and sources close to the club have indicated the Anfield club are willing to consider offers. It understood Unai Emery's outfit are waiting in the wings to pounce before the transfer window slams shut on September 1st, etc etc." Source: anyoldtransfertwaddle.com

• Like 1

Adam Wharton is different style of player to Aaron Ramsey, he's more of a traditional central midfielder, but from what I saw last season looked like a top player, reminded a little of Bellingham when he first got into the first team at small heath, in that watching him play without knowing his age, you wouldn't guess he was so young as looked like one of the more composed and accomplished players, I think Blackburn probably should be asking for a similar fee to that which Bristol City received for Scott, but are apparently in financial peril so might have to settle for much less. I think I did read that he lost a bit of consistency towards the end of the season, but so did Blackburn as a team, and understabld for an eighteen year old as he was. Kind of player I could imagine ending up somewhere like Brighton or Brentford, would be a good signing for Wolves, they seem determined to sign one of the young midfielders that did well in Championship last season, already been linked to Scott, McAtee, Doyle, and now Wharton.

Not sure where he would fit into our team, would find it difficult to get in as I think he would have to play the role that Tielemans and Luiz play, then we've got Iroegbunam who if he's staying would play in similar area too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

I think our issue in recruiting a new striker is that Ollie is such a fixture in our side, and so important to how we play.

Much like Spurs when they had Kane, recruiting a striker means either getting someone better (difficult/ expensive) or someone happy to play second fiddle (red flag).

If you are a team who rotate their strikers a lot it must make it much easier

really significant point.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Was thinking this as well 

• Like 1