Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Lenglet is another one of those that Barca put on astronomical wages. He's on almost £200k/w. Spurs paid 70% of his salary last season and he still cost them £145k/w

I think it is only that much because of deferred wages from previous seasons, he's actually supposed to get nearer £100k.  

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

If we want someone similar to Pau that can slot in to cover that LCB role then Lenglet is a good option. It's worth remembering we only have 1 left footed CB now and Unai seems to like a balance of left and right footed players.

It’s also worth noting that Carlos played LCB before signing for us

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

No thanks 

Hmm… don’t know how I feel about this… if there’s even any truth to it…

I like our CBs (have a lot of faith in a Pau and Carlos partnership and Ezri is excellent too, like him in that hybrid RB role but will also be needed at CB) and unsure whether we can/should try to get better right now (or devote a chunk of our finances toward it), don’t think I’m keen on the idea of someone disrupting or displacing any of them tbh… plus… Ty should be back eventually…

A loan makes sense… Some extra cover would be useful  but would Lenglet accept such a role? Think a RB is a higher priority…

Didn’t really impress at Spurs did he? Must have something about him to have played for Barca though… 

I guess an inexpensive loan would be ok for a player who isn’t demanding a first team spot (but can possibly compete)… wouldn’t have thought that would be Lenglet though…

-

Btw, we’ve been constantly linked to several Barca players (probably because of the shit they are in) but… I wonder if we have any actual interest in any/many of them? Seems like we’re being used to throw names around…

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Lenglet is another one of those that Barca put on astronomical wages. He's on almost £200k/w. Spurs paid 70% of his salary last season and he still cost them £145k/w

spacer.png

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

It’s also worth noting that Carlos played LCB before signing for us

Yeah I remember. He was LCB and Kounde RCB. So he could do it but if the plan is to play him RCB and Konsa RB then we're light. 

Also there's no doubt that passing options and angles change when you don't have a left footed CB.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Hmm… don’t know how I feel about this… if there’s even any truth to it…

I like our CBs (have a lot of faith in a Pau and Carlos partnership and Ezri is excellent too, like him in that hybrid RB role but will also be needed at CB) and unsure whether we can/should try to get better right now (or devote a chunk of our finances toward it), don’t think I’m keen on the idea of someone disrupting or displacing any of them tbh… plus… Ty should be back eventually…

A loan makes sense… Some extra cover would be useful  but would Lenglet accept such a role? Think a RB is a higher priority…

Didn’t really impress at Spurs did he? Must have something about him to have played for Barca though… 

I guess an inexpensive loan would be ok for a player who isn’t demanding a first team spot (but can possibly compete)… wouldn’t have thought that would be Lenglet though…

-

Btw, we’ve been constantly linked to several Barca players (probably because of the shit they are in) but… I wonder if we have any actual interest in any/many of them? Seems like we’re being used to throw names around…

We’re still really light in terms of rotation options at the back . All three fit senior Centre Backs played at the weekend , we’ll need to rest them at some point.

• Like 3

There was something I saw a while ago that shows when you play CBs on the wrong side how they can't always play the passes someone natural on that side would, which makes sense. So while you can play a right footer on the left or vice versa you do potentially lose something in possession, and when Unai values defensive build up so much it does make sense to be as optimal as possible there so another lefty doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

30 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Also just to add on, I think Monchi signed him for Sevilla in 2017. Seeing he also signed Zaniolo too, I can see this possibly happening

Chuck in Acuna who we were clearly after and this worries me a bit this to be honest.

It's a poor way to work.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

We’re still really light in terms of rotation options at the back . All three fit senior Centre Backs played at the weekend , we’ll need to rest them at some point.

Yeah… I’m just not sure what to think on this really…

If Lenglet will accept a backup or rotational role and won’t cost us a bomb… I suppose I don’t have any objection to it.

I think we have 3 excellent CBs… with Chambers as backup.

If required… I wonder if Dendonker can cover or be fully converted to a CB (if he stays)… Kamara could fill in too but I’m not really a fan of fitting players in or forcing them to play in less familiar roles…

Dunno really 😆

Oh I know…

Whatever Unai wants 😂