Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Romano saying we’re considering Lenglet. Dont rate him tbh looked poor last season at Spuds.

I guess this may mean we’ll be playing a bit more in a back 3. Probably a bit smart for cover even though I’m not totally high on him

9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Romano saying we’re considering Lenglet. Dont rate him tbh looked poor last season at Spuds.

Not a fan from his spurs time either but 105 appearances for Barca and 15 French caps he must be good enough as a squad player. 

Plus does Emery know him from his time at Seville?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That would be nice, there are plenty way cheaper than that though that are either already better or the more plentiful already equal, younger and higher ceiling players like Wahl for example.

Who?

NEWS @JijantesFC

✈ Clément Lenglet is leaving Barça.

The French player will play in the Premier League next season. The French player will play in the Premier League.

🚫 Tottenham, discarded.

This is from Gerard Romero so I’m assuming this could be gathering pace, assuming there’s not another PL club in for him. 

Just now, jacketspuds said:

You never know. We've got as much chance of it being us as anyone else.

Doubt it is us, but would be interesting to see what views are around Iwobi if it turns out that we are interested.

Ok mate…

My view is that he’s Alex I-woeful 

Not that it matters 😆

• Haha 2

Lenglet is another one of those that Barca put on astronomical wages. He's on almost £200k/w. Spurs paid 70% of his salary last season and he still cost them £145k/w

If we want someone similar to Pau that can slot in to cover that LCB role then Lenglet is a good option. It's worth remembering we only have 1 left footed CB now and Unai seems to like a balance of left and right footed players.