Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Romano saying Saudi clubs are circling around Joao Felix, but he's waiting for Barcelona, however will be leaving somewhere regardless.

I hope we aren't waiting for him as well.

I get the feeling that we aren't very high on his list of prospective clubs and we know it. I suspect we are looking elsewhere, as he has been doing all along. If so, he's welcome to make his choices and I doubt we will be waiting for what ultimately seems likely to be a big and final "No" from him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John said:

I get the feeling that we aren't very high on his list of prospective clubs and we know it. I suspect we are looking elsewhere, as he has been doing all along. If so, he's welcome to make his choices and I doubt we will be waiting for what ultimately seems likely to be a big and final "No" from him. 

Yeah steer clear of players who see villa as a club of last resort. The way Felix appears to have burnt his bridges at Atletico isn’t a good sign nor are the comments that he only wants to sign for certain clubs as if he has some god given right to play for them. Despite the hype from some on here he just seems to be a fancier version of Coutinho, flashes of great skill and technique but has never hit the heights expected on a consistent basis 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Yeah steer clear of players who see villa as a club of last resort. The way Felix appears to have burnt his bridges at Atletico isn’t a good sign nor are the comments that he only wants to sign for certain clubs as if he has some god given right to play for them. Despite the hype from some on here he just seems to be a fancier version of Coutinho, flashes of great skill and technique but has never hit the heights expected on a consistent basis 

I very much doubt that he will ever reach the heights that Coutinho has done either, other than in his own opinion. He's certainly not there yet, but a season or two working with UE, could only have helped him become a better player imo. 

Brennan Johnson had a really good game for Forest today.

I still have a gut feeling that's one we might really push for as deadline day approaches.

Chelsea and Spurs been linked to him and Brentford had bids rejected earlier this summer so not like Forest are just dismissing all the interest, he's clearly for sale at a decent price.

• Like 2

Just now, beachboys1 said:

personaly dont think well get any more  incomings

I think one at best. Not sure which position.

If Konsa to RB is going to be a regular thing with europe then we are thin at the back with just two credible CB options (unless Kamara or Dendoncker are going to play there in emergencies).

I suppose from Emery's point of view Donk, Moreno, Ramsey and Zaniolo are all going to be available for selection again within the next month so our bench will look very strong when that happens.

Even with all the injuries Tielemans has only been a sub so far and Bailey will revert to a sub when Ramsey is fit.

He also clearly believes in Duran so if he can score v Everton he hopefully can get a couple more in europa league to increase his confidence. I also think Diaby will play as CF at times this season.

We're not that strong yet we can have world class back up players but I'd say Digne, Tielemans and even Bailey as subs is as good as anything outside top 5 in this league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think one at best. Not sure which position.

If Konsa to RB is going to be a regular thing with europe then we are thin at the back with just two credible CB options (unless Kamara or Dendoncker are going to play there in emergencies).

I suppose from Emery's point of view Donk, Moreno, Ramsey and Zaniolo are all going to be available for selection again within the next month so our bench will look very strong when that happens.

Even with all the injuries Tielemans has only been a sub so far and Bailey will revert to a sub when Ramsey is fit.

He also clearly believes in Duran so if he can score v Everton he hopefully can get a couple more in europa league to increase his confidence. I also think Diaby will play as CF at times this season.

We're not that strong yet we can have world class back up players but I'd say Digne, Tielemans and even Bailey as subs is as good as anything outside top 5 in this league.

and of course he could swap tielemans for kamara or luiz in starting line up if they look off pace  tired

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, it's hard to see where Ward-Prowse would fit into Villa's side.

I realise this sounds like a stupid question, but does the window close this year on the 31st August?

11pm on 1st Sept

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, striker said:

Prowse just scored alongside his assists last week.

Villa missed out big time not signing him for 30m. 

Good result today. Perhaps Everton should have signed him for £30m? Seems like your sort of overpriced nothing player you'll be stuck with on £130k a week.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, striker said:

Prowse just scored alongside his assists last week.

Villa missed out big time not signing him for 30m. 

Oh yes, I'm so sad that we have to cope with Douglas Luiz and Tielemans and Kamara instead. Ward-Prowse would be competing with Dendoncker for fourth choice if we bought him. I'm not sure we want to splash £30 million on a guy who would hardly play for us.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Prowse is shit.

Said in the match thread West ham had 16% possession and completed 61 passes in the first half

JWP suits that style of play, great for set pieces and snatching goals

But there's a reason the better teams in the league who want >60% possession and are expecting a player in his role to take 80 odd touches a game didn't go near him

• Like 2