Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I've a feeling we might see Dendonker play RB. He's played plenty of games in PL as part of a back 3 on the right. He didn't get games in preseason so we don't know where he might be used especially now Mings is injured

You’ve a feeling we’ll see all of our players at RB.

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I've a feeling we might see Dendonker play RB. He's played plenty of games in PL as part of a back 3 on the right. He didn't get games in preseason so we don't know where he might be used especially now Mings is injured

More chance of Chambers ahead of Donk. I don't remember him back 3 ever for Wolves. He was middle of back 3 for Belgium recently but that's CB role

Edited by Kiwivillan

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

More chance of Chambers ahead of Donk. I don't remember him back 3 ever for Wolves. He was middle of back 3 for Belgium recently but that's CB role

He's played RCB of a back three lots of times for Wolves. He gives us cover anyway for defence if we need it

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Not a bad shout, would prefer him there to CM.

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Considering we’ve got a  load injured, I’m slightly concerned at the numbers of outgoings rumoured.

Mix of those unlikely to play at all and some we might get a fee for/wages off the books, the latter of which frees up room for incomings. Unai and Monch are tidying up. Has been needed for some time.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Dendoncker as right back would be a disaster. He takes about 6 hours to turn around on the pitch. It would be a human rights violation against him to put him one on one against Premier League wingers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, STO said:

With respect to Philogene, Archer, Hause, Davis, they are only ever going to sit on the bench at Villa and will only get minutes when we have injuries like we do now.  Once those players are fit, the disappear back in to reserve football and we don't see them again.  We can't sit around waiting for that to happen and they may as well be sold.  Numbers are short at the noment but I reckon we have a couple lined up to come in this week and will sign at least one more before the window closes. 

Even with the current injuries Archer and Philogene have only got off the bench for a few minutes too.

We were linked earlier in the summer to Luiz Henrique from Betis and looks we dodged a bullet. The idiot has also been implicated in the Paqueta yellow card incident from a game on the same day

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

He's played RCB of a back three lots of times for Wolves. He gives us cover anyway for defence if we need it

Had a look at several games and he was LCB in a 3 with Saiss middle and Coady RCB. That's still a CB role nothing like playing FB. The FBs are the wing backs in mid 4 or 5

We’ve not really trimmed the squad at all in this window so you would expect this week to be particularly busy in terms of outgoings if we are planning on bringing more players in.

Ramsey, Philogene, Archer, Traore, Digne, Davis (probably a loan) and Hause will probably end up leaving one way or another. Not sure if there’s anyone else we would let go at this point.

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Had a look at several games and he was LCB in a 3 with Saiss middle and Coady RCB. That's still a CB role nothing like playing FB. The FBs are the wing backs in mid 4 or 5

Transfermarkt had him RCB for the three games I checked in 2021. So shows he has played there. So if needed he can come on to close out a game there possibly. Anyway I think since Mings got injured his ability to play CB at PL level is useful.