Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, John said:

He's also just won a World Cup with Emi and played an important part in that. Sevilla won't have planned to sell him, so that is probably a fair enough price that could persuade them to change their mind. If UE wants him that is good enough for me. If he gives us 2 or 3 good years, that will likely look a bargain imo. 

Yea I don’t follow the if it’s good enough for Emery line.

players must have a resale value we don’t earn enough money and we already have two left backs in their 30’s.

you have to plan for the future

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

You have to plan for the future

Maybe the plan is a 3 year deal for Acuna, by which point he and Moreno will be 34ish and Chrisene and Revan will be early 20s - maybe they like one/both of those enough to think short term to allow them to go and get experience and be ready in a couple of seasons

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

players must have a resale value we don’t earn enough money and we already have two left backs in their 30’s.

If the fee for Acuna is below 10m then by the time his contract is up even releasing him on a free won’t count as a loss.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Each individual Player does not have to have a resale value. But as a squad then yes i agree. Sometimes we will buy older players. Sometimes young. Sometimes bring through our own . Maybe he likes older players in defence with experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Maybe we are ….33 year olds are in high demand in Saudi Arabia 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d be very careful with that account. Posts absolute drivel regularly. Odd character behind it. 

I don't like it when you're the voice of reason! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yes. Buying new players doesn't guarantee success. See Chelsea et al

They might well pull it off this year with the profile of player they are buying. Obviously I hope they  crash and  burn horrifically. 

Also, every time I see Chelsea on this thread, I keep reading Chiesa. Wishful thinking

20 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Does top 5 get in CL this year?  Ie how much spending to risk can we take.

Yes if The Premier League retains its place in the top 2 of the European coefficient we get the extra place. I can’t see us taking any spending risk - doesn’t seem to be our way.