Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

42 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Who is iur current 19 yr old left back? I know we have KKH as the future prospect for right back,  but feel like there's a gap at left back. This is the kind of Brighton signing we should be all over...

40 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Chrisene is the only one I can think of, yeah it’s annoying how brighton keep on doing these deals, would hope we might be interested esp if digne goes 

Revan? Played LB in US friendlies 

Edited by Jas10

We need to remind ourselves,games are not won in the transfer market….they are won on the pitch.

Big fees do not guarantee success

Chelsea might be buying like a lottery winner in Harrods, but those signings have to work out…..Tony Bloom must love Chelsea.

You can only play 11 players in a game, so if we get that right, we have nothing to worry about.

15 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Just seen the mail story saying Sevilla want 13m for their leftback…. The guy is essentially 32 years old

He's 31 and of course they'll start high, that's how negotiations work - they don't really want to sell him. 

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not sure we could successfully fight them off🤞

Alternatively Monchi laughs off their £25m bid and they comeback with £35m. Monchi gets knighted in the new year by the king on his son’s insistence. 

1 hour ago, smokingzen said:

Have they though? Was watching the Simon Jordan clip yesterday on Talk Sport where he was saying because of sales, amortisation and long contract lengths they're still £65m within. Might catch up with them in a couple of years but at the moment it appears they're fine. (unfortunately)

@slbsn on Twitter is an ex-Man City financial advisor and seems much more sceptical about Chelsea's FFP strategy (and Jordan's maths). Note that Simon Jordan almost destroyed Palace during his tenure: left them in administration after years of murky deals, lies and chopping and changing managers. The guy isn't very good at his job.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

@slbsn on Twitter is an ex-Man City financial advisor and seems much more sceptical about Chelsea's FFP strategy (and Jordan's maths). Note that Simon Jordan almost destroyed Palace during his tenure: left them in administration after years of murky deals, lies and chopping and changing managers. The guy isn't very good at his job.

I thought UEFA already closed the loophole Chelsea are exploiting?

Just now, duke313 said:

I thought UEFA already closed the loophole Chelsea are exploiting?

That's addressed in the body of the tweet.

Personally, I don't think it's really a loophole. I'd have no issue with a club signing up loads of players to 10 year contracts to reduce amortisation as they would be taking a hell of a risk to do so.

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Personally, I don't think it's really a loophole. I'd have no issue with a club signing up loads of players to 10 year contracts to reduce amortisation as they would be taking a hell of a risk to do so.

That’s one long ass tweet. I get that Chelsea aren’t currently in Europe, but unless they plan on finishing outside the top 10 again, they likely will be in Europe next season?

7 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Except that they can offload them to PIF for no loss, negating any risk.