Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Yeah can't see us signing a CB when konsa, Torres, Carlos, chambers, dendoncker can all play there.

RB, zaniolo and a striker and we will prob be done

Carlos and Pau both have about 5 games PL experience between them.

We don't know if Carlos will have any reoccurances of his injury issue from last season at any point.

We all saw under Gerrard how Chambers did when he came in for Mings when he was dropped he is not the answer.

Konsa crumbles without Tyrone next to him he's unable to take charge of that backline.

Were likely to play 40 - 50 games this season with europe.

We need a leader at the back and a new CB i don't see any otherway round it.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t think we can realistically find a target, it would also mean bringing in someone from abroad something and having to settle and adapt to the Premier League.  Because there’s absolutely no chance of buying a ready made premier league defender . 

I wouldnt be against a loan signing tbh

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t think we can realistically find a target, it would also mean bringing in someone from abroad something and having to settle and adapt to the Premier League.  Because there’s absolutely no chance of buying a ready made premier league defender . 

Maybe we can loan Bednarek again 😝

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Our problem is not quality at CB but games played - Pau will be fine. Rather spend the money on Buendia’s position. 

I agree, I think that will make more difference in the medium to long term (depending on Buendia’s prognosis), we need someone with that tenacity and desire and who can link the midfield to the forwards. 

• Like 1

Foyth is the player I want us to sign. Has played something like 75 games with Pau Torres and might actually help him settle a bit quicker.

In terms of strikers, I look at Isak and really wish we had a player like him in the squad.

ACL injuries have **** us 3 times this summer, with Buendia, Mings and also our rumoured pre-agreed deal for Tammy Abraham. Having Watkins and Abraham as striker options would have been really good this season.

Replacing Buendia is the priority. We need that player that knits things together, it's key to play the style of footy Emery wants. 

One player leaps out as the ideal replacement but I don't know if we'd have a sniff - Brahim Diaz. He reminds me of Buendia in every aspect but I know he's gone back to Madrid. I thought I read somewhere they might sell him, I'd deffo test the waters with a £30mill offer. 

1 hour ago, quazzie goat said:

Just a hunch but I wonder if our remaining summer plans are waiting on Ramsey to leave for Burnley and possibly Archer to free up the FFP wriggle room we need. 

I think Foyth makes a lot of sense to come in for Cash as would Demiral to replace the aggression and height of Mings. Zaniolo would be great for the squad as would a punt on Luka Jovic who I think only has a year left on his contract at Fiorentina. 

In addition to Ramsey and possibly Archer the disposal of Davis even for £5m would be huge for FFP. 

Absolutely not in terms of fees we have loads of room left although you are correct they are all big boons to our FFP balance 

Before the injuries to Emi and Ty, I’d hoped for 3 more signings to finish the window:

RB - Wan Bisaka / Foyth 

SS - Felix / Zaniolo

Winger - Doku / Johnson

No idea if those are the right backs we’re looking at, but in the case of the latter two positions, I think this was probably the plan…  Wait to see if we could get the first choice, if not then we would quickly move to the alternative towards the end of the window.

I think now, we may scrap the second winger option and go with Zaniolo as SS in order to save cash and allow us to look at CB and AM additions to cover those injuries.

42 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He could be completely shit and that's just absolute rubbish about Buendia but easy throwaway comment now he's injured

How’s? Ramsey starts in LM when fit in most games, and Diaby would start as second striker. Not a throwaway comment, just reality.