Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Emery has come out and said Duran ain't going anywhere mate.

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's staying, the Don confirmed.

Fair enough.

Is Archer going back out on loan instead then?

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Fair enough.

Is Archer going back out on loan instead then?

The quote from Emery was regarding Duran, but it did also mentions Archer, so can only assume they are both staying, at least until January.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It all kicked off!   Dangerous having a negative opinion on one of our own players these days.

It’s always been like that, it’s probably just the first time you’ve been on the opposite side.  I’ve been on the opposite side a couple of times over the years.

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think it's a lesson to us all that it's important to not be hyperbolic. 

Because if Dendoncker is shit, there's not really anywhere to go beyond that, so how on earth are we to describe how bed-shittingly appalling Robin Olsen is?!

It’s a lesson how touchy people are around here so words must be chosen carefully. 

Olsen is dogshit on a stick.  New reserve keeper incoming I’m sure.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a lesson how touchy people are around here so words must be chosen carefully. 

Olsen is dogshit on a stick.  New reserve keeper incoming I’m sure.

Words matter tbf and I think it's important to be accurate. You revised your opinion but there's a world of difference between 'shit' and 'average' and you wouldn't have taken any flak if you'd gone with the latter from the off, I feel. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That’s ffp football for you. 

clubs like villa can’t just keep our best players for eternity. There’s a time we are forced to sell, due to no contract signings or we need to balance the books. 

It’s fine if we can match our commercial revenue with the big clubs, but some time off that and in the mean time to balence the books we need to sell players. Selectively when we can. For example I believe we can get a minor profit on Dendonker if we sold him now. Also he wouldn’t be missed an awful lot 

Yeah definitely agree re Dendonker - and probably the other 80% of our squad. However when we've managed to recruit John McGinn, Ollie Watkins, Emi Martinez, Douglas Luiz - these players are worth more to us than their market value in cash - they directly contribute to PL points on a regular basis. It's extremely hard for clubs like us to buy players as good as these with no risk - as we showed with the Grealish money. If those particular players are happy here we shouldn't consider selling them.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The quote from Emery was regarding Duran, but it did also mentions Archer, so can only assume they are both staying, at least until January.

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nope Don said he’s staying as well

Ahh. Thank you. I hadn't seen this article. Good news that Archer is here too.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Words matter tbf and I think it's important to be accurate. You revised your opinion but there's a world of difference between 'shit' and 'average' and you wouldn't have taken any flak if you'd gone with the latter from the off, I feel. 

You are right. My bad. I still think he’s shit thought ! 😆 

Birmingham Mail talking about Johnson again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think Duran might go out on loan.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Tràoré moved on and also hopefully Coutinho. That deoends though if "Steven Gerrard's Al-Etiffaq" can produce a moment of magic in the transfer window and relieve us of his services.

The manager said today he won't be going on loan.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Like the sound of this one - Monchi special

Beaten to it! He's a bit young, hope he's been through Pubill-ty

I just hope during the medical that his Pubill’s aren’t dilated?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, string28 said:

Doku not in rennes team for the frendly playing now. Is he injured?

Hi has weetabix for bones so maybe. Cracking player though.

• Haha 2