Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I used to quite enjoy transfer windows, but they're so exhausting now :D

Do people genuinely require constant speculation?

I used to enjoy them, but these days I'm happy to sit back and await official confirmation.

Anything more feels like wasted energy on my part 😂

Its not just his ability. Its his stage presence as such. Whereas Emi dominates his area vocally and physically Robin seems to always be quiet and gives off an aura of being nervous even if he isnt. You can train to get better at saving shots but by your early 30s  your personality is pretty much set in stone. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I used to quite enjoy transfer windows, but they're so exhausting now :D

Do people genuinely require constant speculation?

more clicks, more money for them.

They are incentivised to create as many links/stories as humanely possible.

All about the Wonga, not the truth of things.

like most things in life these days tbh.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Some fans opinions of players leaves me scratching my head. But it's O.K. Vive le difference and all that.

But I will never understand coming into a transfer speculation thread and criticising the very nature or validity of transfer speculation.

Its exhausting at times trying to read through what should be an enjoyable thread . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Some fans opinions of players leaves me scratching my head. But it's O.K. Vive le difference and all that.

But I will never understand coming into a transfer speculation thread and criticising the very nature or validity of transfer speculation.

Around 109 since January should make you question the majority 

It's not that unusual for a club to have three senior keepers, is it? I know we have had three before (when Postma was around etc). Is there any reason we don't keep Olsen AND get another keeper in?

Edited by Monkeypuzzle

3 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

It's not that unusual for a club to have three senior keepers, is it? I know we have had three before (when Postma was around etc). Is there an reason we don't keep Olsen AND get another keeper in?

It would depend on if Olsen happy playing absolutely zero minutes this season or not.

6 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

It's not that unusual for a club to have three senior keepers, is it? I know we have had three before (when Postma was around etc). Is there any reason we don't keep Olsen AND get another keeper in?

This is it for me.  Olsen should be number 3. We need to bring in a young guy with plenty of promise for the No.2 (Like we did with Guzan at that time). 

5 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

It's not that unusual for a club to have three senior keepers, is it? I know we have had three before (when Postma was around etc). Is there an reason we don't keep Olsen AND get another keeper in?

I guess maybe squad registration and wasted wages but suppose it's possible if we get a new GK but can't shift Olsen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nnock1984 said:

This is it for me.  Olsen should be number 3. We need to bring in a young guy with plenty of promise for the No.2 (Like we did with Guzan at that time). 

Can't really have a number 3 on £50k/w and Sweden can't really have their number 1 sitting in the stands or furthest down the bench at Villa.

He needs to move for every ones best. But the salary makes it difficult.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Can't really have a number 3 on £50k/w and Sweden can't really have their number 1 sitting in the stands or furthest down the bench at Villa.

He needs to move for every ones best. But the salary makes it difficult.

What is he like for Sweden out of interest?

17 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its not just his ability. Its his stage presence as such. Whereas Emi dominates his area vocally and physically Robin seems to always be quiet and gives off an aura of being nervous even if he isnt. You can train to get better at saving shots but by your early 30s  your personality is pretty much set in stone. 

I am not saying that a back up keeper should have all the attributes, but another important difference is that Martinez is a sweeper keeper, Olsen seems to stick pretty much to his line.