Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

I don't see anything on his Twitter feed about Bamford but, oddly enough, his last Tweet about us was on the 13th July. Doesn't seem to be very active on Villa stuff.

He shouldn’t be considered a reliable barometer these days. He’s still a much better local reporter than most, I just don’t know if he gets the scoops like before. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Still think we will get either Ansu Fati or Ferran Torres personally due to Barca’s financial situation… 

Hope Barca are willing to pay part of their salaries since those guys are on a reported £230k/w and £165k/w

12 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Do we want to keep our physios busy? Utter waste of space and not a patch on Watkins.

id rather go with Duran and Archer as back up

I think that would be the point. Experienced cover that’s happy to sit on the bench. 

Very much doubt this would happen though.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Conversely, we leak false transfer rumours to draw attention away from other dealings. 

I've been wondering what Monchi's approach is to the press in this regard, I know Purslow was very keen not to have any kind of leaks of information, which has its benefits, but the press can also be quite useful if used correctly, I'd imagine a vastly experienced operator like Monchi might be more willing to leak a few bits here and there to speed up negotiations or throw competitors off course, we'll see in time I guess.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

The Bamford link has got to be BS because 1. He's looked awful for Leeds for a good while now, 2. He's a piece of trash I wouldn't want anywhere near the club. 3. People haven't entirely forgotten his actions that got El Ghazi sent off back in the Championship.

Can't stand him, that's my opinion though. 😆

Probably complete trash like many but good for occupying pages and pages on this thread. Beauty of click bait. Engage people on Talkshite et al

P.S. AEG and the dive vs Mings 

Edited by Kiwivillan

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Probably complete trash like many but good for occupying pages and pages on this thread. Beauty of click bait. Engage people on Talkshite et al

P.S. AEG and the dive vs Mings 

You suspect it's a VT mods conspiracy to drive up traffic on this site? Oooh exciting :detect:

43 minutes ago, sne said:

Hope Barca are willing to pay part of their salaries since those guys are on a reported £230k/w and £165k/w

Tbh I was expecting Torres to be worse than that and not totally out of our reach.  I think our tax rate is more favourable too.  Definitely a deal to be had at the rumoured price after a season's loan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Tbh I was expecting Torres to be worse than that and not totally out of our reach.  I think our tax rate is more favourable too.  Definitely a deal to be had at the rumoured price after a season's loan.

Yeah I agree...

With Nakamba, Sanson, Davis, Wesley and Hause gone or going it should give Villa the room.

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yep. Maybe we could give him a signing bonus and 125-150k a week?

Is Torres actually any good? I can't recall seeing him play much. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep. Maybe we could give him a signing bonus and 125-150k a week?

Is Torres actually any good? I can't recall seeing him play much. 

Flat track bully sub at Man City. People obsessed

• Haha 1

Nakamba and Sanson out, Davis and Wesley potentially on their way, Hause likely to be moved on too…

Let’s have a quick look at available first team squad members:

GK

Martinez -  Olsen (replace and upgrade please) - Marschall

RB

Cash (we need another) - RB/CB: Chambers (worth keeping, utility player)

LB

Moreno - Digne

CB

Mings - Konsa - Pau - Carlos

DM

Kamara - Dendoncker (if sold, need to replace)

CM (inc LM/RM)

Luiz - Tielemans - McGinn - Ramsey - Buendia

FW/Wingers

Diaby - Bailey - Coutinho - Traore - Bidace?

CF

Watkins - Archer - Duran (potential loan)

Not in bad shape really but we could upgrade a few individuals… 

We could do with a player who brings us more goals and maybe some experience…

Must upgrade Olsen…

We could replace Coutinho and Traore with better…

We could do with a quality RB and to make Cash have to fight for his position…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Nakamba and Sanson out, Davis and Wesley potentially on their way, Hause likely to be moved on too…

Let’s have a quick look at available first team squad members:

GK

Martinez -  Olsen (replace and upgrade please) - Marschall

RB

Cash (we need another) - RB/CB: Chambers (worth keeping, utility player)

LB

Moreno - Digne

CB

Mings - Konsa - Pau - Carlos

DM

Kamara - Dendoncker (if sold, need to replace)

CM (inc LM/RM)

Luiz - Tielemans - McGinn - Ramsey - Buendia

FW/Wingers

Diaby - Bailey - Coutinho - Traore - Bidace?

CF

Watkins - Archer - Duran (potential loan)

Not in bad shape really but we could upgrade a few individuals… 

We could do with a player who brings us more goals and maybe some experience…

Must upgrade Olsen…

We could replace Coutinho and Traore with better…

We could do with a quality RB and to make Cash have to fight for his position…

Diaby will bring goals. Hopefully he can hit double figures along with Ollie.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That’s about £200-£220k per week or £10mill per season saved in wages on players who offered us 0 last season … 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

That’s about £200-£220k per week or £10mill per season saved in wages on players who offered us 0 last season … 

I'd imagine we are still covering a fair chunk of their wages whilst on loan.

I think Traore will be useful cover for his last year, especially if we can get him fit and firing. Should be good against weaker opposition in ECL and cup games…

Don’t see the urgency to move him on…

After listening to Unai’s presser, I’m not sure that we’ll be making too many changes and just add genuine quality if and when it’s available. As he said, we’ll be keeping an eye on the market and ready to act if an opportunity presents itself toward the end of the window…possibly an attempt for someone like Felix, Torres…

If not, happy to go into the season as we are…

He did mention that there would be further departures though, although Sanson has been moved on since then… Davis, Wesley and Hause likely too. Who else I wonder?

Olsen… 🙏

Potentially Dendoncker but… I feel that we would need to bring in an actual DM to cover or compete with Kamara in that case…

If any of the above players are moved on, I think we’d have to bring in a replacement or upgrade or we’d be leaving the squad too light and short on options…

A strong bench is only going to helps us and… competition breeds success…

Unai did say we wanted to create a tight, family group too…

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Diaby will bring goals. Hopefully he can hit double figures along with Ollie.

Sure, and assists. But I’ll be happy if we add another “threat”…

If he can help Bailey improve, there’s another asset…

Genuine cover for Watkins would be beneficial too, maybe a more experienced player…