Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What a genius manager he is - he latched onto the Covid zoom/ms teams boom and gave him extra tutoring online. 

Don Unai available online too. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It’s incredibly unlikely to happen, moreso due to the financial aspect more than anything else…

But I won’t resent or hate Felix if he doesn’t want to join or wants to play at the highest level possible… that’s where most players with desire and ambition (and the talent to back it up) look to…

However, if Unai could get him in a meeting and explain his vision and plans, and make him aware of our progress and trajectory… players like him could possibly be convinced…

I think it would show a bit of intelligence too… in terms of the player side and their awareness. It was pleasing to see how well Pau spoke and how much knowledge he seemed to have of the workings of the club… there’s quite a few people out there that are shocked and envious that we managed ti sign him but I would say/admit that the existing relationship between manager and player was the biggest factor there…

I enjoy even the idea that we are “trying” to attract these high level players… if you don’t ask/try, you don’t get…

I genuinely believe we have so much appeal as a club, that’s mostly down to Unai. Again, get him in contact with or in front of a top class player and he may be able to convince them to join…

And also again, if Unai wants a certain player and rates them highly… our opinion means very little indeed… in comparison at least…

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

He seems to be a bit like Buendia on steroids where he looks like he's close to a few incredible things a match, but they never come off. Ever.

I certainly wouldn't be complaining though. It sounds mental but I think I'd prefer Johnson and Diaby to Felix and Diaby. That is mental reading that back. I might change my mind on that.

Rather have Diaby and Sancho

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually feel a bit bad for how we almost always ignore that Chambers even exists 🤣.

Poor lad.

good utility player...every team needs one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

It’s incredibly unlikely to happen, moreso due to the financial aspect more than anything else…

But I won’t resent or hate Felix if he doesn’t want to join or wants to play at the highest level possible… that’s where most players with desire and ambition (and the talent to back it up) look to…

However, if Unai could get him in a meeting and explain his vision and plans, and make him aware of our progress and trajectory… players like him could possibly be convinced…

I think it would show a bit of intelligence too… in terms of the player side and their awareness. It was pleasing to see how well Pau spoke and how much knowledge he seemed to have of the workings of the club… there’s quite a few people out there that are shocked and envious that we managed ti sign him but I would say/admit that the existing relationship between manager and player was the biggest factor there…

I enjoy even the idea that we are “trying” to attract these high level players… if you don’t ask/try, you don’t get…

I genuinely believe we have so much appeal as a club, that’s mostly down to Unai. Again, get him in contact with or in front of a top class player and he may be able to convince them to join…

And also again, if Unai wants a certain player and rates them highly… our opinion means very little indeed… in comparison at least…

The thing is Jas.....some players think, that team, with me in it, will get champions league status( E.G Peter Withe did exactly that)......them are the ones, I crave.

sometimes, you have to back yourself, to make that difference.....and thats what clubs like ours is looking for.

Felix has the option, to do what pleases him.....but I just look at it from OUR point of view, not his.

Edited by TRO

Just now, thabucks said:

The article goes on to say that Emery knows Felix from coaching him at Villarreal 😂

Doesn't it say he coached against him?  Not that I can see why that would be a connection 😐 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Doesn't it say he coached against him?  Not that I can see why that would be a connection 😐 

Oops missed that You are correct 😂 🤦🏻‍♂️ I was half asleep last night when I posted that 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Hell no to sancho.

Over rated inconsistent english player 

He produces goals and assists at a good rate and is generally much better in possession than most wingers. I'd personally love him. 

Maybe a loan to buy if possible. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hell no to sancho.

Over rated inconsistent english player 

It’s funny how big money moves can completely stifle a young player’s development. I suppose it’s the weight of pressure and/or the lack of ‘drive’ because they’re set for life no matter what. 
Not saying Sancho is done or anything but his price tag and wages will discourage most from going for him, because the outlay doesn’t match the probable outcome.

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

It’s not going to happen anyway so there’s nothing to worry about for those that are concerned by the link…

but…

kind of crazy how people seem so sure of and apparently so aware of the lad’s personality and character…

Making definitive statements or judgements off very little indeed…

Btw, a player is not a “bad egg” if they’d prefer to play in the CL rather than for us or in ECL 🤣 it’s the job of the powers that be at the club to persuade, convince or entice them to join and see the vision or project. It’s really not all that uncommon and I’m fairly sure that we’ve already had to do the same sort of thing for a couple of players that are currently playing for us…

Some people get genuinely offended and irate at even the thought that a player would turn our club down 🤣 We can’t force them! 

Just wait till we get in Champions League ourselves.

I can see it already, we'll be claiming " Player X has no ambition " as he's chosen to join a club in our current situation over us and CL Footie. Lol