Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

DIaby would be a bigger coup than Raphinha and Diaby has agreed to sign for us,

Raphinha is good but not some galectico, he had actually been out of form at Leeds before he left them, a player going to Barcelona is no longer the indication of their standing as it once was, you only have to look at some of their recent signings to see that, not bad players but not out of our league either.

In addition as well no way we would sign both Diaby and Raphinha, even if Raphinha was willing, and out of the two I would prefer Diaby, Raph stopped playing for Leeds when he was fed up with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

DIaby would be a bigger coup than Raphinha and Diaby has agreed to sign for us,

Raphinha is good but not some galectico, he had actually been out of form at Leeds before he left them, a player going to Barcelona is no longer the indication of their standing as it once was, you only have to look at some of their recent signings to see that, not bad players but not out of our league either.

In addition as well no way we would sign both Diaby and Raphinha, even if Raphinha was willing, and out of the two I would prefer Diaby, Raph stopped playing for Leeds when he was fed up with them.

I don't think I agree with a single word of that. 

20 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Chelsea are run by an actual moron. A human moron. It's like watching Jeff Daniels' character from Dumb and Dumber run a football club. 

We don't need to do anything but sit back and watch as that guy decimates that club, Poch or no Poch. 

Boehly and his cash..

spacer.png

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He was just at Leeds lol.

A short lived move to an " elite " club doesn't suddenly make him better than us 

Ooh… the reaction of Leeds fans….

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From a strategy perspective, I reckon this is the window when the club has decided to go balls out with recruitment to try for UCL qualification. There’s going to be huge pressure on Emery to deliver, or at least get very close to that objective.

Most exciting time to be a Villa fan in the modern era. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Awol said:

From a strategy perspective, I reckon this is the window when the club has decided to go balls out with recruitment to try for UCL qualification. There’s going to be huge pressure on Emery to deliver, or at least get very close to that objective.

At the expensive of the Conference ? Going to be a serious balancing act. If we are in the mix for top 4 come knock out games does he rest players ? 

Will be a nice dilemma to have I guess.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

At the expensive of the Conference ? Going to be a serious balancing act. If we are in the mix for top 4 come knock out games does he rest players ? 

I think we’re building a squad to do both. People outside the club will be scratching their heads by the end of the window, wondering where the hell this version of Aston Villa appeared from. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I can't tell you where you're wrong, its your opinion, and all opinions have merit.

I know nothing about , Diaby other than what I have read, and they say he is quick and elusive.....My concerns about any player, is being taken out physically, and in the Premier League, it is crucial to be resistant to that.....at 5'7 he needs to be very skilful to negate that physical threat.....I don't think we are quite at the stage of 50mill misfits......We can't afford the Pepe's of this world, ours need to be successful.....so its a gamble.

It seems Leverkusen, want a huge fee for him, and that could be tricky, we have already seen a player from there, in our own Leon Bailey, reported as quick and elusive,at the time,  only for us to find, a spasmodic version of that.

Wingers are traditionally easily taken out, unless you are lucky enough to have a really good one, consistency is not really their forte. and passengers in the Prem are quickly identified.

I am not sure, of this one.....but other posters, who know more about him, will be better judges......However, I am notoriously sceptical about wingers, even though I love to watch a good one.

Vinicius Jnr.......I would be comfortable with that.😀

Its not so much about what they have done in terms of goals/assists, but the sort of player (intelligence, tracking, closing, defending, covering ground, acceleration etc) that the coach sees as being useful in the way he wants us to play. We have to trust the process. Not many would have looked at Moreno on paper and thought he was a better option than the expensive and decorated Digne, some thought it madness, but Emery knew exactly what he was getting and how that piece of the jigsaw fitted into how we play.

I suspect that Diaby excels in making breaks or turning his man, running into space. We will play on the break: controlling the ball amongst the back 4 and DM's then look to break into any spaces that appear when team push or press and their shape opens up, like Mane used to. Interestingly, from the little I have seen on the highlight reel, De Ketelaere looks to have similar "turning play and creating gaps" ability in his locker that might put quick players like Diaby away.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We ain’t signing Raphinia. No way he taking such a large a pay cut to come to us.   I think Barca are stuck with him unless the Saudi’s come calling.

Stuck with him? He was great for them last season, always impactful

20 minutes ago, Awol said:

The last time a manager was backed to get CL was MON, who ended up buying the likes of Marlon Harewood and Steve Sidwell with the money to push for top 4! How times have changed! 

• Like 2

Just now, Made In Aston said:

The last time a manager was backed to get CL was MON, who ended up buying the likes of Marlon Harewood and Steve Sidwell with the money to push for top 4! How times have changed! 

Also gave up on the Europa league to try get top 4. Although can’t blame him tbf. 

16 hours ago, Ponky said:

We can sign as many attackers as we want but our season could seriously unravel with one lengthy injury to Emi Martinez.

Adding a competent back up keeper is one of the most important signings were can make over the next 6 weeks imo.

Seems a good point. where do keepers stack up in terms of difficulty of signing? I have little sense of that part of the market, tbh.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe he could phone MON, he's an expert at balancing the PL and Europe.