Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I still think we shouldn't sign Boris Johnson

Brennan Johnson on the other hand would be perfect. 

Can't help but want us to make targeted signings now, and Chelsea's midfield looks paper thin. If we can hijack one of their moves for a CM or bring in someone like Gallagher we could really pull at the threads of that squad. 

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We will need a left back if we sell Digne. 👀 

Gives credence to the rumour for that young LB from Valencia was it?

I think we may actually see more of a rejig with the squad than many of us expected.

• Like 1

Just now, skarroki said:

I still think we shouldn't sign Boris Johnson

Brennan Johnson on the other hand would be perfect. 

Can't help but want us to make targeted signings now, and Chelsea's midfield looks paper thin. If we can hijack one of their moves for a CM or bring in someone like Gallagher we could really pull at the threads of that squad. 

Chelsea are run by an actual moron. A human moron. It's like watching Jeff Daniels' character from Dumb and Dumber run a football club. 

We don't need to do anything but sit back and watch as that guy decimates that club, Poch or no Poch. 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He was just at Leeds lol.

A short lived move to an " elite " club doesn't suddenly make him better than us 

He was very clear that Leeds was a stepping stone to bigger things. I don't think he then moves back down the ladder and back to England 12 months later. Pride would get in the way as much as anything else. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So you think he'd come here?

To be fair I don't think we are after him.

However, say in a scenario where Barca need money, and we miss out on this ther targets, I don't see why he wouldn't consider us.

OBS I could be wrong but I don't think it's that difficult.

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Is Nico Gonzalez a DM?

If so, would be an excellent option to compete with Kamara.

If we can get that deal done our midfield would be one of the best in the league, especially considering the age profile of the majority of the players.

DM or CM, seems he went to Valencia on loan because he had no pathway at Barca but the scouting reports suggest he’s very good - and linked with both sides of Manchester over the last few years. 

If you’re being spoken of as “the heir to Busquets” in terms of potential, that’s a pretty good sign. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gives credence to the rumour for that young LB from Valencia was it?

I think we may actually see more of a rejig with the squad than many of us expected.

Been thinking the same, it’s highly likely…

Unai has performed miracles with the players he inherited (and sent a few on their way, inc the loans we had) and only adding Moreno.

Now he has a proper opportunity to build and mould the squad in his own image, to his own liking and to fit his specific strategy and system.

He can get players of his own choosing that can supplement and enhance our side…

Edited by Jas10