Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

I always feel like Gnonto brings a tonne of intensity and physicality but they often end up not leading to much. His work rate is amazing but that's not really something we lack. 

He's 5'7" @TRO will never approve

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I saw him in person on Saturday at Atlanta. He was the standout player in the game but I’ve no idea how he would translate to the Premier League as the overall quality on display from both teams was so poor. Luis knows his stuff though and seems to be all over the tellybox in the US so if he’s in favour, I would be too. 

• Like 3

Just now, Daulmakan said:

Hi there, argentinian here. Almada is a good player, but nowhere near the stratosphere of Julián Álvarez.

I can only chuckle at that tweet, as Almada played a grand total of SIX (6) minutes during the entire world cup, and hasn't shown anything other than potential while playing for the national team (which he hasn't done a lot of, either). Julián was already local and american champion at the club level before the world cup (and I'm a Boca fan, so it's not like I'm biased towards a Riber Plate player).

Interesting but more than fair, Alvarez had such an impact and scored so many goals for River Plate at such a young age. Would’ve been an amazing signing for us…

Do you have any recommendations as good signings for the club?

11 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Think Gnonto would be similar to the Adama Traore signing, bags of potential but very raw, wouldn't be against it but not sure he is exactly what we need

Unfair comparison of players (but you were referring to the “point/moment of signing” rather than that right? Sorry, I read your post too quickly the first time. Get what you mean…) he already possesses more intelligence, at such a young age, than Adama has ever had…

Headless chicken, directionless lump. What a waste…

Gnonto would be more about signing potential (not a priority) than instantly improving or impacting the team imo… not one that excites me greatly but also not averse… so long as we bring in others/better…

I don’t see the comparison.

I just strongly feel that we need a higher level of player to progress and not just added squad options. Relegate some present first teamers to the bench or have to fight much harder for a spot in the team. 

-

I guess we agree then 🤣

It’s late 😴 😆

Edited by Jas10

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Interesting but more than fair, Alvarez had such an impact and scored so many goals for River Plate at such a young age. Would’ve been an amazing signing for us…

Do you have any recommendations as good signings for the club?

Yeah, avoid Foyth like the plague, because he is.

Others from Argentina: Retegui at Tigre is a good forward (recently capped for Italy), Nicolás Paz at Real Madrid (offensive midfielder) is the most promising from the under-20 team, Claudio Echeverri (forward from Riber Plate) is a 17 year old making his first appearances now, said to be a key player in the future, and Valentín Barco (18 y.o. left wingback from from Boca) is also promising to be a quality player in the making.

From elsewhere, I'd try to snatch Kudus from Ajax, has massive quality and I believe feels unappreciated by their board of directors (also publicly clashed with their previous coach because he started a clearly inferior player over him).

Edited by Daulmakan
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Daulmakan said:

Yeah, avoid Foyth like the plague, because he is.

Others from Argentina: Retegui at Tigre is a good forward (recently capped for Italy), Nicolás Paz at Real Madrid (offensive midfielder) is the most promising from the under-20 team, Claudio Echeverri (forward from Riber Plate) is a 17 year old making his first appearances now, said to be a key player in the future, and Valentín Barco (18 y.o. leftwing from from Boca) is also promising to be a quality player in the making.

From elsewhere, I'd try to snatch Kudus from Ajax, has massive quality and I believe feels unappreciated by their board of directors (also publicly clashed with their previous coach because he started a clearly inferior player over him).

Excellent, thank you.

Do you think Almada would be good for us?

Are you a long time Villa fan or started following us because of the legend that is DIBU? 😆

Nice to have you here, welcome!

Btw, I have always loved Argentinian and Italian players.

Two of my favourites growing up were Batistuta and Veron (and more)!

Congrats on winning the World Cup, was rooting for you (and Messi & Martinez) all the way! 🇦🇷 

Just now, Jas10 said:

Do you think Almada would be good for us?

Are you a long time Villa fan or started following us because of the legend that is DIBU? 😆

Nice to have you here, welcome!

Btw, I have always loved Argentinian and Italian players.

Two of my favourites growing up were Batistuta and Veron (and more)!

Congrats on winning the World Cup, was rooting for you (and Messi & Martinez) all the way! 🇦🇷 

Hard to say about Almada. I believe he's good, but he only played for a weak side here (Velez) and then went directly to the MLS which is a shit league IMO. For a good price, I'd take a flyer on him (Transfermarkt has him at 20 quid, which is the limit I'd pay for him at this very moment). 

Although I've become a hardcore premier league fan in the last years, I'm here because of the legend that is Dibu. I adore the guy. Argentina with Messi was a shitshow until he arrived.

I love Bati, but I absolutely despise Verón, he really left a sour image here after his performance vs. England in 2002.

Thank you for the warm welcome! 😃

29 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Think Gnonto would be similar to the Adama Traore signing, bags of potential but very raw, wouldn't be against it but not sure he is exactly what we need

If we can sign him for 18m, yes. But nothing more.

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If we can sign him for 18m, yes. But nothing more.

Dont think we sign a player that a couple of commentators including gary neville has raved about throughout an entire match more or less for 18 will be at least 25m

We should have a forward/winger signed the week we fly out to the states 🇺🇸 thats my prediction, i think the other forward player comes much later in the window.

Edited by RicRic

Two out the following five for me and I’ll be happy ☺️… Ferran being the least preferred from the list.

Nico Williams
Pedro Goncãlves 
João Felix  
Yeremy Pino  
Ferran Torres

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Two out the following five for me and I’ll be happy ☺️… Ferran being the least preferred from the list.

Nico Williams
Pedro Goncãlves 
João Felix  
Yeremy Pino  
Ferran Torres

Why do people keep mentioning Felix. We don't have finances to pay anyone £250k a week like he'd even want to come. Totally overrated anyway

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Nico Williams
Pedro Goncãlves 
João Felix  
Yeremy Pino  
Ferran Torres

Out of that list, I could see Torres or Goncalves being possible. I think we could end up with one of them and one of Barnes/Johnson. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why do people keep mentioning Felix. We don't have finances to pay anyone £250k a week like he'd even want to come. Totally overrated anyway

Poster speculating in the speculation thread maybe? 🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I dont think he is over rated but i agree with your point about finances wont happen as we wont pay that