Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

So hang on Luton are willing to break the transfer record for some Barnsley player but not our Marv?

Marv’s on a much bigger salary than what Luton can offer if you believe the Zimbabwean media (£55k pw). 

I’ve been thinking how we (me too) scoff at linked players who’ve been out of form. Makes me think of our players under Gerrard and how they improved under Emery. I wonder what under performing players out there that could be saved/ resurrected under Emery and Villa?

It’s definitely a scouting thought to get some bargains 

Just now, david-avfc said:

I think I previously read Ajax were interested in Bailey last summer, they previously bought Haller from West Ham for £20m before selling him to Dortmund for a big profit so they are preparing to pay reasonably big fees if they think they can turn a player around. Bailey was a CL in the Bundesliga so a club like Ajax might take a punt on him. It isn’t going to be for what we paid for him but it might be good enough for us to cash in. 

We’ll see.. hard for us to make a call on much really.

Leon seemed a lot happier under Unai and involved… made some contribution but can do a hell of a lot more.

Personally, I think it’d be silly to sell such players at a loss. They have a lot more to give imo and Unai will help improve them all, he hasn’t been here all that long - first preseason, and first full season upcoming…

We need a squad, our bench was threadbare last season…

Just now, The_Steve said:

Marv’s on a much bigger salary than what Luton can offer if you believe the Zimbabwean media (£55k pw). 

He’s out of contract in a year so is going to have to get used to the idea of not earning £2.5m a year (poor him) pretty soon anyway. Surely though that’s not bonkers wages and there’s a negotiation to be had, even if we contribute £1m to his wages for a year

1 minute ago, david-avfc said:

He’s out of contract in a year so is going to have to get used to the idea of not earning £2.5m a year (poor him) pretty soon anyway. Surely though that’s not bonkers wages and there’s a negotiation to be had, even if we contribute £1m to his wages for a year

Tbf to Marv, he’s put a fair bit of that to good use. Good on him 👏 

Does a lot of charitable work.

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Oh ok, how so?

"Estou feliz no Barça e meu plano é continuar no clube. Ouvindo ofertas? Meu telefone está no modo avião e não consigo receber nenhuma mensagem"

"

I am happy with Barça and my plan is to continue with the club. Listening to offers? My phone is in airplane mode and I can't receive any messages
Edited by CVByrne

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

"Estou feliz no Barça e meu plano é continuar no clube. Ouvindo ofertas? Meu telefone está no modo avião e não consigo receber nenhuma mensagem"

"

I am happy with Barça and my plan is to continue with the club. Other offers? My phone is in airplane mode and I can't receive any messages

Yeah, that’s quite different 🤣

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Tbf to Marv, he’s put a fair bit of that to good use. Good on him 👏 

Does a lot of charitable work.

Yeah I have no problem with him at all, just surprised that the wages are apparently such a deal breaker 

Just now, david-avfc said:

Yeah I have no problem with him at all, just surprised that the wages are apparently such a deal breaker 

Just not up to standard and it would be great if we could get a decent fee for him. 

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I've seen the quote in Spanish and it translates differently. 

I'm an old codger and useless at links, lol. The part of the story that caught my attention was Ferran Torres saying about Emery "I've seen him at Valencia. He's been a benchmark, he's doing things very well and you never know". That preceded the comments about "today I want to be at Barcelona but football takes many turns".

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm an old codger and useless at links, lol. The part of the story that caught my attention was Ferran Torres saying about Emery "I've seen him at Valencia. He's been a benchmark, he's doing things very well and you never know". That preceded the comments about "today I want to be at Barcelona but football takes many turns".

Yeah that's the most interesting quote from it

• Like 1

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

I raced to post this thinking their squad would be littered with talent I'd want to scoop up.... Actually not so much upon review

Montiel and Nianzou are probably two that would be interesting but we don’t have a need for Nianzou after Pau