Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Believe me if Emery wanted him to stay he be would staying. 

I can’t agree with that however much I love Emery.  Even the top managers have players that want to leave, get regular match time or new experience elsewhere like Sterling with Pep, Mane with Klopp.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because he’s shit and will be sold. It amazes me everyone wants to get rid of someone like Bailey who is actually a half decent footballer yet want to keep a lump like Dendonker.  

I’ll be amazed if Donk is a Villa player come the end of the window. 

I don’t think he’s shit but agree there are parts of his game which are limited. He’s a decent back up player and a useful tactical option to bring on considering his physical profile compared to our other midfielders. He could be upgraded but ultimately that would cost a lot of money, and not guaranteed to be an improvement either so really I just don’t see it as a priority position to change right now 

Has this been posted yet?

" Aston Villa could be the next destination for striker, Pedro of Flamengo "

" The English Club have been interested in the athlete since the Gemini g of the season, and.muat submit an official proposal for the player in July "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" The English Club have been interested in the athlete since the end of the season "

There were rumours a week or two about him but I think this is new today on this forum

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" The English Club have been interested in the athlete since the end of the season "

His stats are good out there in Brazil but he’s about 27 or something isn’t he?

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" The English Club have been interested in the athlete since the Gemini g of the season, and.muat submit an official proposal for the player in July "

Well if we’ve been interested since the Gemini g of the season why haven’t we submitted the official proposal yet!?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

It is beyond absurd to describe Dendoncker as “shit”.

When I say shit I mean relative to other top half midfielders. I think he is a very average player and I can understand why wolves fans were so happy when they sold him.   He will do a good job for a newly promoted team perhaps.

Also thanks for that post. It has strengthened my belief of how average I think he is. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

21 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Well if we’ve been interested since the Gemini g of the season why haven’t we submitted the official proposal yet!?

I’m no Mystic Meg but you could say it’s written in the stars.. he would definitely be a star sign(ing) 😬

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I can’t agree with that however much I love Emery.  Even the top managers have players that want to leave, get regular match time or new experience elsewhere like Sterling with Pep, Mane with Klopp.

I don’t see the comparisons. Sterling and Mane did a hell of a lot for their respected clubs before they left. Dendonker has been under our new manager for just over half a season and moving in to what could be potentially one our most exciting season in years. We need a massive squad as there where we be a hell of a lot of games.   Did he really come to Villa thinking he would play regular football when we had Luis, Kamara and McGinn?

Personally think it’s very naive to think Emery would like to keep Donk as a squad player but he wants to leave for regular match time or new experiences.  He might stay because nobody will pay his wages.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

9 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

1. We won't be spending £52m on one player.

2. If he goes anywhere, it will be to a CL club or to Chelsea, who can afford that sort of money via FFP breaches, thanks to their dodgy Saudi deals.

Nice idea though. :)

If we want to compete we are going to have to spend that kind of money at some point. I wouldn’t be surprised if we breach that this summer 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, romavillan said:

If Milan felt they couldn't refuse €80m for Tonali and have basically told him to go when he didn't want to, then we should offer a load of cash for Calabria.

Maybe we could swing for the fences and try with Rafael Leao again :D. Tonali was supposedly on the no-sell list too so who knows what a new contract even means for them.

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t see the comparisons. Sterling and Mane did a hell of a lot for their respected clubs before they left. Dendonker has been under our new manager for just over half a season and moving in to what could be potentially one our most exciting season in years. We need a massive squad as there where we be a hell of a lot of games.   Did he really come to Villa thinking he would play regular football when we had Luis, Kamara and McGinn?

The comparison is that even under elite managers like Pep and Klopp, just like Emery players still have desires to leave sometimes, that was my point.

As for Dendoncker’s motives, who knows? Maybe Gerrard gave him assurances of playing time.  Maybe after the poor end to that season Dendoncker thought he had a good chance to claim a place in a midfield that wasn’t clicking at the time under Gerrard.  Kamara was only just brought, McGinn, Ramsey and Luiz weren’t exactly mixing well, in fact fairly poor, it could’ve been a reasonable assumption for Dendoncker.  

Remember we didn’t click until Emery came in.  

Under Gerrard, remember how poor we were even early this season, the Fulham debacle.  

The midfield playing today is light years from how they were at the start of the season and under a new manager, Dendoncker may feel he’s not going to get much time especially with Tielemans coming in and although Emery might ask him to stay, Dendoncker may want to try elsewhere and get regular game time.

Thats the scenario where Emery might want him to stay whereas might want to leave.  Who knows what the real thought process is for both Emery and Dendoncker but we can’t automatically assume if Emery wants him to stay that he wants to.

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Personally think it’s very naive to think Emery would like to keep Donk as a squad player but he wants to leave for regular match time or new experiences.

Far from naive I reckon that is the most likely scenario in this case.  It also happens for many players at many clubs.  Some players like sitting on the bench raking the cash but some players like to feel special and play regular even if that means moving away from a good club and manager.  Loads of examples of that across the league, season after season doesn’t matter if they’ve been at the club a year or ten years.