Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Got Walsall on 15th so can’t be long now. Hopefully some activities next 2 weeks.

Another way to look at it would be were not in training yet so we're still on holiday

International games finished 3 days ago (?) u21s and u20s are still going

Lots of people on holiday

3 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Screenshot2023-06-24at12_36_08.png.7e05eb9852bdc85bd2e7aa5fccf8dc2b.png

👀 

Don't have these guys down as the type to do ITK bullsh*t.

Favourite interpretation is Harvey Barnes (as in Barn Owl 😆)

Can only assume a Villa branded range of Furby’s is incoming 

image.jpeg.98899a7a74bafba2b1f775845bb6d399.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Villa 59 said:

FFS...stop trying to sell Dendonker. He's a really valuable squad member(we can't just buy people that are guaranteed a starting place). I think Dendonker will be important given the extra games we could be playing...we need a decent squad must as much as we need a decent starting 11.

Dendonker should stay in my opinion...why waste money on an expensive replacement when he'll do a good job for us!!

Because I want a closer replacement to Kamara obviously 

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

Honestly I had a dream a few weeks ago that we signed Chiesa.

My dreams are ITK. 

Really good player I’d still rather spend less on the players I mentioned though 

3 hours ago, Villa 59 said:

FFS...stop trying to sell Dendonker. He's a really valuable squad member(we can't just buy people that are guaranteed a starting place). I think Dendonker will be important given the extra games we could be playing...we need a decent squad must as much as we need a decent starting 11.

Dendonker should stay in my opinion...why waste money on an expensive replacement when he'll do a good job for us!!

Because he’s shit and will be sold. It amazes me everyone wants to get rid of someone like Bailey who is actually a half decent footballer yet want to keep a lump like Dendonker.  

I’ll be amazed if Donk is a Villa player come the end of the window. 

13 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That would be great news, I’m really keen to get those players with no future here off the wage bill and get something for them

Agreed, doubt that we will see any of it though. 

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Just when you think this thread cannot get any worse we get bird puns....

For the love of god plz sign someone..anybody....please

I've heard we are on the verge of signing someone from Tottenham Hootspur... I'll get my coot! :D 

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The world of football needs to get back from its holidays and start doing stuff. My entire Twitter timeline is about the Arctic Monkeys and it is boring!

My entire timeline is about Russia.  Friggin crazy over there but I still wish I had some concrete Villa links and only football related stuff…

2 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Emery. Certainly doesn't think he's shit....maybe you should become an elite manager, let me know when you become one and I'll respect your opinion!!

Ok let’s see if he is still in our squad come the end of the summer. 

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

My entire timeline is about Russia.  Friggin crazy over there but I still wish I had some concrete Villa links and only football related stuff…

You obviously follow more high brow accounts than me!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because he’s shit and will be sold. It amazes me everyone wants to get rid of someone like Bailey who is actually a half decent footballer yet want to keep a lump like Dendonker.  

I’ll be amazed if Donk is a Villa player come the end of the window. 

I wouldn’t be amazed if he were still here it’s just that I would replace.

I also like to lock off parts of teams in my mind. So get a reserve keeper on a free probably, Torres, AWB and a DM and all you have then are the attacking positions.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok let’s see if he is still in our squad come the end of the summer. 

Who's argued that he'll be in the squad at the end of the summer?... Your reading things that haven't been written!!

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

You obviously follow more high brow accounts than me!

Doubt it, I probably looked at one Twitter article and they’ve since flooded me with similar articles since thinking it was my choice of reading.

8 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Who's argued that he'll be in the squad at the end of the summer?... Your reading things that haven't been written!!

Well if Emery doesn't think he is shit why would he not be in the squad by the end of the summer? 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well if Emery doesn't think he is shit why would he not be in the squad by the end of the summer? 

A mini bidding war apparently by 3 clubs and we get offered a fee we can’t refuse or Dendoncker asks to leave to get regular game time.