Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Seen some links on twitter to Habib Diarra, any good?

The Strasbourg kid? Can't say I've watched him. Maybe we can do a swap + money deal with Sanson.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As @TRO alluded to yesterday, it's about getting the best players you can, at the best price possible, not just chucking money around carelessly.

Just seen that Newcastle are in for Sandro Tonali at 45 mill.  Mental.

They really are doing business the right way.

I think its huge transfer fees going wrong, along with poor results, that primarily unseat managers and Dof's

We don't want to see our manager or DOF put themselves under that extreme pressure, that lead to them leaving.....We value them.

I think we are going about things the right way.....I think there will be a couple of biggies, but that's all.

There is some pretty good low hanging fruit to be had and when you are financially sound like us, we can move at our own pace.

I would be surprised if we just have one or two prime targets......I think we will have several and will watch and wait to see what clubs want/ have to cash in.....we have to be like poker players.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Wow, this just takes the piss...

This is hows its going to be from now on. At least there is a limit on loans.

Unbelievable. And nothing apparently will stop this.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think its huge transfer fees going wrong, along with poor results, that primarily unseat managers and Dof's

We don't want to see our manager or DOF put themselves under that extreme pressure, that lead to them leaving.....We value them.

I think we are going about things the right way.....I think there will be a couple of biggies, but that's all.

There is some pretty good low hanging fruit to be had and when you are financially sound like us, we can move at our own pace.

I would be surprised if we just have one or two prime targets......I think we will have several and will watch and wait to see what clubs want/ have to cash in.....we have to be like poker players.

I'd add that aside from PSG and Arsenal, Emery usually operates on more low key signings, players undervalued at other clubs who he can increase their output.

Like you said, we'll probably have one or 2 big signings, but the rest will be signings that would be considered "underwhelming"

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'd add that aside from PSG and Arsenal, Emery usually operates on more low key signings, players undervalued at other clubs who he can increase their output.

Like you said, we'll probably have one or 2 big signings, but the rest will be signings that would be considered "underwhelming"

Personally, I am really comfortable with that approach, for many reasons, some I have touched on.

We have never really been a big signing club, and when you track back over the years and see some of the talent, we have picked up for next to nothing, it makes you think.

We have a manager, who can turn sows ear, in to a silk purse, slight exaggeration, but he is capable of turning players around, we have to trust him.

14 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Unbelievable. And nothing apparently will stop this.

one way to circumnavigate FFP....The sneaky mind stops at nothing.

• Like 1

I expect pragmatism from Emery, but he's also been quoted as saying "We aren't going to waste time", so I'm not entirely sure what to expect this summer. Pragmatic signings in Moreno and Tielmanns. But maybe massive cash outlays/bigger risks on other players?

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Surely a couple of weeks for Monchi and Unai to settle things before we see movement?

To be honest I think some of the groundwork has been laid already before we appointed Monchi, I’d imagine between Unai, Lange and Vidagany would have their targets they want and have started speaking with clubs/agents already. I think Monchi would come into assist with the list we already have and will probably say yay or nay to some of the players on that list, whilst suggesting his own players from July 1st.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Toon fans in the comments in full support of this scheme. :puke:

In fairness, my issue with Saudi is the whole sports washing,

But if we were in Newcastle's shoes and knew we were breaking no existing rules, I'd be delighted with this aswel 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pete101 said:

In fairness, my issue with Saudi is the whole sports washing,

But if we were in Newcastle's shoes and knew we were breaking no existing rules, I'd be delighted with this aswel 

I'm not so sure I'd be. It's underhanded and it's gaming the system, despite it's claimed "legality". I'd want Aston Villa to be above it.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2