Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

My favourite transfer window in ages was Emery just getting Moreno and people's heads melting that we were doomed 

Not miserable or pissed off but loved watching people upset... A fascinating insight into the mind of Kiwivillan 😅

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Am I missing out on something here or is it true that we have only signed 1 player so far ? If we dont hurry up there will not be anyone to sign.

Only Brighton and Brentford have signed more than one player as the window just recently opened, we’ll get some players in soon 

34 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Regards RB: Benjamin Pavard would be a perfect fit for Emery’s system, could be available to. 

Apparently wants out of Bayern as doesn't want play right back

• Haha 1

Monchi may well have targets that he’s kept close to his chest (even from Emery) until his own deal with us is sealed. Would anyone really be surprised if we sign a few unknown South American youngsters after Monchi joins officially? 

If we can’t land our top targets in Europe, which seems to be the case so far, it makes sense to go fishing in a different lake. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Not miserable or pissed off but loved watching people upset... A fascinating insight into the mind of Kiwivillan 😅

When I see people post their ideal team next season with half the team new wishful signings I shake my head. It's Football Manager/FIFA mentality not rooted in reality

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

My view, this is a massive crucial season for us to push on - is it a season for gambles on young foreign players, who could quite feasibly take 12-18 months to get in the groove

I know theres no guarantee of success eaither way, but, similar to Tielemans, for me its a season of bringing in players to improve the squad that can hit the ground running - Tielemans, great start for me, If I were gaffer, if we need a right back who can come over to cover CB, then Kyle Walker would be immense for 2 seasons at least..........Wideman,I like the Barnes link....... proven, good age, experience european campaign, striker: this is the tough one, finding someone with Prem exposure, but how about Firminho?

Just watched Talksport video about will this be biggest transfer window, Alex Crook on Barnes, "We know Emery is a big fan of the player(bullshit) but there's also an interest from Spurs" 

Simon Jordan "Well I was just speaking to Daniel Levy yesterday and he said the media will write whatever bullshit they want to."

• Haha 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Just watched Talksport video about will this be biggest transfer window, Alex Crook on Barnes, "We know Emery is a big fan of the player(bullshit) but there's also an interest from Spurs" 

Simon Jordan "Well I was just speaking to Daniel Levy yesterday and he said the media will write whatever bullshit they want to."

Didn't you say we wouldn't be interested in Tielemans too?

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Didn't you say we wouldn't be interested in Tielemans too?

I didn't believe the tweet. It turned out to be correct. That has nothing to do with Barnes. The point was I actually like Simon Jordan for calling out Crook and bullshit invented transfer rumours

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

When I see people post their ideal team next season with half the team new wishful signings I shake my head. It's Football Manager/FIFA mentality not rooted in reality

I generally agree with this because I think the squad has proven that it doesn't need wholesale changes - but rather a few quality upgrades to build on its good spine. 

• Like 1