Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

34 minutes ago, allani said:

Chukwueze doesn't score many.  I think we're probably looking at someone who starts wide, cuts in and threatens the goal rather than an out and out wide player.

6 goals, 4 assists in 38 La Liga games

13 goals in 50 overall

Similar to Bailey I guess, good to have both competitive for a place.

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

That’s been the story linking him away from Atletico Madrid for the past 2 years wanting to get his astronomical wages off the book. It’s unlikely he comes here without the promise of guaranteed starts.

So this idea of guaranteed starts is not quite right. But yes he would expect to by a regular first team player to join us, or pretty much any team. If he has ambition he'll want to play wherever he goes, and if he doesn't he'll move on.

Also he cost Athletico 100 million so they want to recoup as much of that as possible. Simeone has been huge for them, his importance trumps Felix, so Felix has to go as they don't get on. 

Edited by Philosopher

12 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

6 goals, 4 assists in 38 La Liga games

13 goals in 50 overall

Similar to Bailey I guess, good to have both competitive for a place.

I think we need our front 3 scoring 10 + goals each.  We don't score enough and are too reliant on Ollie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Aston Villa is ready to transfer by paying the €35 million release clause in Zaniolo's contract. (Sports)

Ready?, preparing?, is our antenna raised for Zaniolo?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Everyone knows we got a Leeds player imminent as well, yeah?

Be fun if it was Harrison as he’s at the exact centre of the Venn Diagram of “players I think have huge potential” and “players most people on here would have a meltdown if we signed” 😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Aston Villa is ready to transfer by paying the €35 million release clause in Zaniolo's contract. (Sports)

another one of those players that you feel has been around forever but is only 23

he only signed in february but seemed to do OK in turkey? sounds like he was crap for roma for the first half of last season though.

i think we're going to see a lot of agents linking their players to us. sounds like tielmans' contract is quite substantial so we're probably getting a reputation for paying good wages therefore it makes sense that agents are wanting their players to come to us

• Like 1

We've been mentioned in links to Tyler Adams and Crysencio Summerville from Leeds. Not seen anything else regarding them and us.

Summerville would be fun from a purely name standpoint. His full name is apparently: Crysencio Jilbert Sylverio Cirro Summerville. Try fitting that on a shirt and the club shop would be out of letters again.

Edited by sne

8 minutes ago, sne said:

We've been mentioned in links to Tyler Adams and Crysencio Summerville from Leeds. Not seen anything else regarding them and us.

We were also linked with Rodrygo who apparently has a £3m relegation release clause and worked with Emery before