Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

24 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Ha. There's more chance of us signing Kenneth Williams or Robbie Williams than this guy. 

If he doesn't stay at Bilbao he will go to a CL club. Or Liverpool.

Like Asensio, (who had been convinced to join until PSG got involved and then that was that!) we aren't in a position YET to usurp the big guns if they are interested in the same player. I know we managed it once with Kamara, but thats the exception rather than the rule. And make no mistake, there will be a lot of interest in this chap.

You murderer of dreams.

I hope you're wrong!

Surely we've got to win at least a couple of these " races " regardless.

Only so many players the top clubs can sign for certain positions and/or keep happy.

Some players may possibly like the idea of being an Important part of a project as opposed to an accessory.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Very happy with this. Boosts the midfield.woth some genuine quality, young enough to still learn under Unai, yet experienced enough to slot in immediately.

On a free transfer as well. Good work Villa.

This is the level of player we CAN attract for where we are currently.

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You murderer of dreams.

I hope you're wrong!

Surely we've got to win at least a couple of these " races " regardless.

Only so many players the top clubs can sign for certain positions and/or keep happy.

Some players may possibly like the idea of being an Important part of a project as opposed to an accessory.

Me.too, and I've hear nothing to the suggest either way. This is purely an opinion. A lot of clubs will be looking at him.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tayls said:

This summers all a bit of a disappointment a couple of weeks in isn’t it, if we are just basing it off the rumours so far… seems like a lot of rejection at this point. 

Feel happier now that Tielemans is signing?

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Feel happier now that Tielemans is signing?

Lol... Mate I love all our community, but I'm sure you know we have 3 - 4 posters who are never really happy.

They are not necessarily bad lads, just extremely pessimistic.

I know the post they will come out with before even reading them 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 08/06/2023 at 10:57, HalfTimePost said:

With our hypothetical board looking something like (using a selection of links so far)

• Mamardashvili > ??? 
  • Fresneda > Dumfries > Foyth
  • Pau Torres > Laporte > Bella-Kotchap
  •  ̷U̷g̷a̷r̷t̷e̷ >  ̷C̷e̷b̷a̷l̷l̷o̷s̷ > Tielemens >  ̷A̷d̷a̷m̷s̷
  • Guendouzi > Kang-In > Lo Celso
  •  ̷A̷s̷e̷n̷s̷i̷o̷ > Joao Felix > Nico Williams > Luiz Henrique

We end up with 1 player from each of those, our squad is immeasurably better and deeper than the last 6 months, even if we don't get our 1st choices

1/6

Edited by HalfTimePost

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol... Mate I love all our community, but I'm sure you know we have 3 - 4 posters who are never really happy.

They are not necessarily bad lads, just extremely pessimistic.

I know the post they will come out with before even reading them 🤣

im one of those pessimistic posters actually ive changed my mind on this if he can get back to best form he will be fantastic probly dragged down because of hoew bad lecster were on and off pitchi

• Like 1