Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

39 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

I hope Chelsea choke on all these signings. What about Carney now? Somebody please think of Carney!? 🤣

Don't worry, Pogba Junior has always got prayer.

* Flashbacks to a couple of people on here trying to convince met we signed his brother as he was a quality player as well. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Chelsea not finishing in the CL places for another year or two would be delightful, would absolutely screw them. 

I can see it happening too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

I hope Chelsea choke on all these signings. What about Carney now? Somebody please think of Carney!? 🤣

The funny thing is they’ll probably be paying Ugarte less than Carney gets.

Chelsea are the original scumbags buying the league, Man City have just taken it to a whole new level.

Grinds my gears

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Man City and Chelsea are two scumbag clubs, financed by repugnant regimes at various points since 2003, who have completely and utterly violated the rules and suffered damn all consequences.  It sickens me and is a stain on football.

How on earth can Chelsea get away with the spending of the past 13 months? Are they above the rules??

They were so scared of the Super League they bent over backwards to accommodate them. The whole thing makes a mockery of the game. Chelsea should be investigated, docked points or kicked out of the league. 

7 minutes ago, burchy said:

Chelsea are the original scumbags buying the league, Man City have just taken it to a whole new level.

Grinds my gears

Annoying. But good luck to Poch with his 100 man squad 🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I can see it happening too

I can't, they'll have less games than all of us and whilst I very much like Potter, Poch is a proper coach

For all the money they spent they didn't have much of a midfield or a striker last season (ridiculous decisions). Chuck in Caceido, Ugarte and Nkunku and suddenly I think that team competes for Europe, maybe doesn't achieve Top 4, but they'll be competitive

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, burchy said:

Grinds my gears

It's not even jealousy at this point.

It just seems an incredibly stupid way to run a successful football club.

I wanted Nkunku a few years back as he’s class. Even if Chelsea didn’t sign anyone else I think he’ll win them games on his own. 

Looks like Asensio is all but confirmed to PSG ☹️

La Liga's final games are today. Carlos was first rumoured 2 days after it ended and signed 2 days after that, so presumably things will start to pick up now, especially if we're largely dipping into the Spanish market.

Matteo Moretto emphasised a few weeks ago that we were still interested in Nico Williams, and Collomosse said we'd try again for him in the summer. You'd reckon Williams rejecting us in January wouldn't have been flat out if that were the case: perhaps more along the lines of "I want to see out this season, let's revisit this once it's over"? Would just seem a little weird otherwise. Athletic Club look likely to miss out on Europe in what has been a very, very fierce race (their final game is Madrid and they'll lose out if they do anything but win) so there may be an opportunity there.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

La Liga's final games are today. Carlos was rumoured 2 days after it ended and signed 4 days later, so presumably things will start to pick up now, especially if we're largely dipping into the Spanish market.

Matteo Moretto emphasised a few weeks ago that we were still interested in Nico Williams, and Collomosse said we'd try again for him in the summer. You'd reckon Williams rejecting us in January wouldn't have been flat out if that were the case: perhaps more along the lines of "I want to see out this season, let's revisit this once it's over"? Would just seem a little weird otherwise. Athletic Club look likely to miss out on Europe in what has been a very, very fierce race (their final game is Madrid and they'll lose out if they do anything but win) so there may be an opportunity there.

peter-griffin-but-i-want-it-now.gif

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Felix on loan with an option to buy would be a great move.

According to the the sun (yes I know they make everything up) he wants Newcastle I’m guessing due to champions league football. He is feeling a bit like a mercenary at this point which I know all footballers are to a point but for him it seems more obvious 

18 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

According to the the sun (yes I know they make everything up) he wants Newcastle I’m guessing due to champions league football. He is feeling a bit like a mercenary at this point which I know all footballers are to a point but for him it seems more obvious 

Not sure he gets in their starting 11